conversion of your company file failed

Runcorn Realty
Runcorn Realty Member Posts: 3
edited June 2019 in Payroll Premier
I am trying to upgrade to Payroll 2018/2019 and it keeps coming up with an error message that "conversion of your company file failed as a component appears to be missing, if this happens again you may have to reinstall Payroll Premier".  Have reinstalled multiple times and it doesn't fix anything.  Have tried calling the helpline and after being on hold for an hour or more at a time am now trying this.

Comments

• Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited June 2019

Hi Runcorn Realty,

Sorry to hear that you were having issues, in upgrading the file.

Could you please check below for me:

1. Go to C drive of your PC and QPRollV27\QPayroll
      ie. C:\QPRollV27\Qpayroll
    2. Could you scroll through the folder and see if you can locate the file called Convert27.EXE? This is the file that helps with the conversion process and upgrades the file. If it is missing, you are likely to get that error.
      1. If you do not see this file please uninstall and reinstall the Payroll Premier.
      2. It may be possible your antivirus may have blocked or quarantined it.
    3. If so, could you please temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall application and try upgrade the file again?
    4. If possible, could you please install the payroll in different PC and see if that allows you to upgrade the file. (You will need to backup the file from current PC and bring it across to 2nd PC and restore it).

Please let me know how that goes.

Regards

Shisir
  • Runcorn Realty
    Runcorn Realty Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for your reply.  It was in there and I had disabled my virus protection and it still wasn't working but I had another go this morning and turned everything off during the whole process and it has worked.  Thank you very much!  Just in time for pays!
  • Shisir
    edited July 2018
    Hi Runcorn, glad to hear it worked today.

Would you know what might have fixed the issue, if it was antivirus or firewall or restart of the PC?

BTW, could you please let me know, what is your Antivirus Program, and windows Operating System is?

Just gathering the information for my reference to see if something is making a pattern.

Highly appreciate the feedback.

Thank you.

Shisir
  • Caterina Maiorano
    Caterina Maiorano Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    Hi Shisir, I am having the same "conversion problem".  The Convert27.EXE file is where it is supposed to be.  I have disabled my Firewall and Antivirus software but I am not having any luck converting.  I have reinstalled a number of times and not willing to do that again. Any other suggestions?
  • Shisir
    edited July 2018

Hi Caterina,

Sorry for that.

We can't seem to be able to replicate the issue, therefore not sure where it is coming from.

Could you please confirm if you have restarted the PC and tried again?

If the problem persists, can you please advise at what Point do you get that error? Is it when selecting the 'Allowances type' while upgrading the file? Or did it complete the process of selecting the allowance? If you were on allowance screen please see this intruction on assigning them, http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5673 and finish the process.

Regards
  • Caterina Maiorano
    Caterina Maiorano Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    Yes, I did restart the PC several times but no luck.  I have two files and they appeared to go through the upgrade process when I installed the software, but when I tried to open them I got the conversion error.  I even tried backing up the files in the previous version, and restoring them in the new one.  The restored file appeared on screen, but when you close the program and reopen the conversion error reappears.  :(
  • Shisir
    edited July 2018
    Hi Caterina,
    What we know so far is this issue is specific to User's PC environment and  not the fault in the installation. For some reason, it is not getting enough permission to convert the file.
    Could you please try running the Payroll Premier program as an Administrator and see if that helps.
    Regards
    Shisir