Copy Memo to Description Field

Jane Southern
Jane Southern Member Posts: 11

H&B Desktop is there a way to copy all my Memo field data into Description? I have about 3,000 of them?

Comments

• Jane Southern
    edited June 2019

When I import data all the Payees go into the Memo field and id like them to be in the Description field.
    Thanks for replying
  • Jane Southern
    edited June 2019
    Ok,,, Yes I am doing pretty much same as you now. I was just trying to tidy up some previous years and thought there may be a quicker way than individual copy/paste. Even if there was a way to sort by memo would help,,, oh well.
  • Jane Southern
    edited June 2019

Thanks Dave ,,, will give it a go
  • Jane Southern
    edited June 2019
    I am quiet happy with H&B it is able to do most thinhs i ask of it. However I've always had this issue of how to get a large number of memo entries into the description field. I've being using your idea above and after a full day made hardly a dent in things. I have most of the data in qif format also. And thinking Maybe I can get this into a spreadsheet somehow,,, then back to qif and back into H&B hopefully with all othet data remaiming intact .. Any thoughts or help on this ?
  • Jane Southern
    edited June 2019
    I am quiet happy with H&B it is able to do most thinhs i ask of it. However I've always had this issue of how to get a large number of memo entries into the description field. I've being using your idea above and after a full day made hardly a dent in things. I have most of the data in qif format also. And thinking Maybe I can get this into a spreadsheet somehow,,, then back to qif and back into H&B hopefully with all othet data remaiming intact .. Any thoughts or help on this ?
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Jane,

There are both free and chargeable CSV (spreadsheet format) to QIF converters which may assist you.

Example: search for "Free Online Converter CSV to QIF" or "convert CSV to QIF"

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

• Jane Southern
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Guys,,, will do.