CORRUPTED COMPANY FILE

Lea Maloney
Lea Maloney Member Posts: 3
CORRUPTED COMPANY FILE - I am using an old version 2011/12 of Quickbooks easystart and cannot access any company data/invoices. Is there a fix or do i need to create a new company file and start over again ?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Lea,
    Are you able to restore a backup? 

What is happening specifically when you attempt to open your file?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lea Maloney
    edited June 2020
    Hi Rav, unfortunately ive been slack and the back up is old. Quickbooks wont open, and it comes up with an error message saying "windows has stopped quickbooks from working". My computer is with an IT guy who has told me the company file is corrupted?
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2019
    hmm... sounds more like the installation rather than the file?  are you able to install it fresh (or on another computer) and then try to open it again?  does the file fully restore but then you have issues opening it?  are you sure that you are installing the same version of the program as the file was last opened in?  If you can get the restore to finish - are you able to try holding down the Ctrl key while the file opens (I think its the Ctrl key, it allows the file to open without trying to open any of the functions (invoices, write cheques, reports, etc) that may have been running in the datafile when it was last closed)...
  • Lea Maloney
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rav,

It Comes up with "Quickbooks has stopped working"

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available.