Create a One-Time Customer for occasional customers

Options
Nici Peck_9716470
Nici Peck_9716470 Member Posts: 11
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
We have a number of walk in customers, for one off purchases. Currently we have CASH Sale in the customer list for these purchases / invoices, but as we change the details for each customer, when we close out of invoice & someone accidentally saves the invoice it reverts all previous cash customer contacts to that contact - nightmare! Is there another way of invoicing one of customers? Without adding each as a permanent customer record.

Comments

• Bruce McRae
    Bruce McRae Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2020
    Options
    We use Sales Receipts and don't use a Customer: Job just fill in the contact details in the Sold To section.
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 442 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Nici
    I don't think that you can do what you have asked.

Can I query why having the details change each time is a problem for you?   I can only assume that you want to keep the contact details of previous cash sales for some form of warranty/follow up/marketing purposes.  If my assumption is correct, then I think you should maintain them as permanent customers.  (You can mark them as non-active so that the visible list of customers doesn't become unmanageable.) 
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 442 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    hadn't thought of that, good idea
  • Bruce McRae
    Bruce McRae Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2020
    Options
    And later if they become often enough you can add the Customer: Job if you want/need to.