Create Invoice/Estimate brings up Invoice/Estimate List and locks up PC - Home and Business 2015

Options
MorgynHastings
MorgynHastings Member Posts: 6
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just upgraded tot he newest version of Reckon Home and Business 2015.

When ever I try to open the Create Invoice/Estimate brings up Invoice/Estimate List and then locks up PC.

1st Test was to try with the sample file - no problem all works ok
2nd Test - Tried renaming the file to a very short name - still have problem
3rd test - Tried Copying the file - still the same problem
4th test - tried validating the file - still the same problem

This is quite urgent as I have been waiting on this release in order to complete my tax preparations.

cheers
Morgyn

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Morgyn  you might need to try KB 4333 - clean un-install & re-install (http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4333) and also include installing in Selective startup.  Make sure you have a backup of your data file (and don't override a backup if you had one prior to upgrading to 2015).

Just out of interest did you read the Installation & Upgrade notes prior to upgrading?  Was your anti-virus turned off when installing?

Also another KB suggests a limit of 1,500 invoices, would that be so in your case?

Kind regards, Robyn Kelly
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Morgyn also check this answer John replied to someone else recently:

Please refer to this article:
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/a9l45bkc1h76t
    to set your Reckon PDF Printer (it may be Quicken PDF Printer) to a separate port.  

The article refers to QuickBooks V4 PDF converter, but you should read Reckon PDF Printer in its place.  Also your print file is wpr.dat and is located at C:\Users\<logged in user>\AppData\ Roaming \Intuit\Quicken\Config 

Regards, Robyn Kelly

• MorgynHastings
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Robyn,

I most certainly do ready the Installation and Upgrade notes.
    I have been using the same software since 2005, upgrading every year :-)
    Every year I do a full uninstall and then a clean install, then copy and upgrade my file.
    I am also a very technical IT Manager and Programmer. - So Trust me I have tried everything before I ask for help ..
    Due to policies that I enforce the AV cannot be turned off during installation.

I personally think that there is something wrong with the data file, as it too has been graded every year since 2005, I just do an end of year copy, and off we go again.
  • MorgynHastings
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I am not trying to print ... that all works perfectly ..
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Morgyn I'm not convinced it will work but have you tried a "super" validate?

• MorgynHastings
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Don't think so .. never heard of it - please tell me more 
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited September 2019
    Options
    As I suggested Morgyn, it may not solve your problem but first backup your data.  When you do a validate prior to clicking validate hold down the Ctrl & Shift keys together.  Then hold them down together to double click your data file.  This should "SUPER" validate your data file.
    I also suggest checking if your data file works properly on another computer, to double check it's not a local issue on your computer.
    Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • MorgynHastings
    edited September 2017
    Options
    For some reason my 2 reply's to this message has not been added - 
    1) The SUPER validate failed
    2) I tried to install onto a second computer to test - failed due to license quantity
    3) I decided to bite the bullet and import all the transactions out and re-import into a clean new file... BUT discovered that QIF Export is no longer available - What the Hell??

Don't know what has happened to this Software ... I have been using it for over 10 years without an issue.. now >>>> nothing BUT issues.
  • Tracy_5696039
    Tracy_5696039 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I did an uninstall and a clean install as suggested above and I too have issues with  Create Invoice/Estimate.  It locks my who computer!  Anyone found a solution yet?