Create Invoice/Estimate brings up Invoice/Estimate List and locks up PC

m031265
m031265 Member Posts: 5
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Reckon Home& Business 2013. I have setup customers, designed invoice and setup line items, then when I go to create an invoice, the invoice/estimate list opens and locks up PC completely - only way to shut down is ctrl/alt/delete and log off - Invoice/Estimate hangs as not responding and I have even left it hanging for up to 30 minutes just in case the thing was building something in the background.

Comments

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Hi there,

Thank you for your post in our community,

I think you might have either reached the limit of Invoices or have issue with Tax Control Account. Below kb article has more info for you. 

KB: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4797

Let us know how you go.

Thanks. 

Ifti
  • m031265
    edited February 2019
    Hi Ifti,
    Mate, I don't 1500 invoices so its not that, I then added the tax control to the business:businesstax account. The tax control account has no transactions in it whatsoever, and its not hidden. When I do to create invoice/estimate it still brings up the invoice/estimate list and as soon as a point and click anywhere in the screen it is going Not Responding - I thought this would fix it and did not save all my work out of the other applications - I had to log out in order to get the PC working again.
    Mate, this is driving me nuts - it takes me more in time building an invoice in Excel, than it does doing the work I am billing out for - why is this happening?
    Mike
  • Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response.

It could be data file/installation issue. Can you try the following to see if they help?
    1. Use a default Invoice template to see if it works? - That will tell us if your customized one has any issue
    2. Try it on Sample file (file > Open sample file) - That will tell us if it's installation or data file related
    3. You might want to try it on another PC with your file as well to see if this PC is causing any issue relating to this.
    Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Ifti
  • m031265
    edited June 2014
    Hi Ifti,

Thanks for your response.

Mate, I created a new invoice template and then saved as Sample, then tried to create a new invoice/estimate and still got the same the invoice/estimate list and hung the PC. I then tried the Sample File, and presto - all good. What do we need to do now mate?

Many thanks,
    Mike
  • m031265
    edited June 2014
    In my reckon file, I also deleted the invoice that I created, plus the second one I called sample and selected default invoice but still had the same issue
  • Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mike,

So it's definitely your data file. 

Do the below and see it if helps:
    1. Backup your file
    2. Go to File > File Operations > Rename
    3. single click or hover over your file from the top to select (don't open, if single click opens, then just hover over to get it highlighted)
    4. Once highlighted, at the bottom of your screen, type in the new name for the file and keep it very short and simple (Example: MyFile etc.) > OK
    Once rename is completed, test the template again. 

If rename fails, do a copy of the file from File > File Operations > Copy > select the date range and give it a name and open the "New file" and test it through that too.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Ifti
  • m031265
    edited June 2014
    Hi Ifti, mate gave both a go and still no good. What else can we try? Thanks, Mike
  • Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mike,

I think the next step would be to get in touch with our Support team and get one of the rep to look at your data file. 

Thanks

Ifti