Creating the Posted Data for Importing Invoice on Reckon Accounts Hosted

2»

Comments

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2017
    You should ensure the item exists Jerwin - yes. If not, create it first.

Items are linked to chart of accounts, so they need to exist first also. 

Before creating an invoice in the UI you generally need (as a minimum - and lets forget tax codes for this example):
    1. Chart of accounts
    2. Items
    3. Customers
    Then optionals like TERMS etc...
  • Jerwin Ollica Plaquia
    Jerwin Ollica Plaquia Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2020
    Hi Guys,

Good day, Just to give you an update.

I was finally able to create an Invoice using the API. Thanks for all of your help.

Although I still have some concern, sorry for this.

1) How do we create a Credit Note?  Because as per the link Mehrnoosh gave, I can't seem to see a sample code on how to request a Credit Note.

2) How can I apply a payment to an Invoice using the API? Same reason as point 1.

3) I am trying to set up another company file, apparently when I tried sending the first request for Authorizing the API as per below. It works fine, I am getting a 200 response which is good.

{
    "CountryVersion": "2015.R2.AU",
    "FileName": "Q:\DevTestRAH\Cougar Enterprises.QBW",
    "Operation": "<?xml version="1.0\""?><?qbxml version=\""6.1\""?><QBXML><QBXMLMsgsRq onError=\""continueOnError\""><CompanyQueryRq /></QBXMLMsgsRq></QBXML>"",
    ""UserName"": ""Admin"",
    ""Password"": ""admin""
    }

However, upon proceeding to step four as per this link https://reckon.helpdocsonline.com/https-//reckon-helpdocsonline-com/api-reckon-accounts-hosted-autho... which should sent the new request with the new credentials set up on the Integrated Application preferences as per below. I am now getting a 400 Bad Request error.

{
    ""CountryVersion"": ""2015.R2.AU"",
    ""FileName"": ""Q:\DevTestRAH\Cougar Enterprises.QBW"",
    ""Operation"": ""<?xml version=\""1.0\""?><?qbxml version=\""6.1\""?><QBXML><QBXMLMsgsRq onError=\""continueOnError\""><CompanyQueryRq /></QBXMLMsgsRq></QBXML>"",
    ""UserName"": ""GlassApp"",
    ""Password"": ""1234""
    }

Hope you can help me on this one.
    Sorry I haven't created a new thread.

Thanks for reading."
  • Jason Hollis
    edited May 2017
    Did you get our 700+ page doc on the Intuit SDK Jerwin? You just need to read it unfortunately as we don't generally go to the level of showing each call. It's all in the doc.

Let us know if you dont have it - it should have been emailed to you (a link) when you signed on. 

Make sure your user you are logged in with in the UI isn't the one you are sending in the call. eg. GlassApp and that you are in multi-user mode. 
  • Jason Hollis
    edited May 2017
    Also look at CREDIT MEMO for invoice credit and RECEIVE PAYMENT for the receiving of payments and matching to the invoice. 
  • Jerwin Ollica Plaquia
    edited May 2017
    Hi Jason,

Yep saw that on the PDF document for Intuit SDK. Thanks.

Still got the 400 Bad Request error though. Using the same request above.

I also made sure that the User logged in in the UI is not the same as the user I am using on the API Call. I am also in Multi user mode.

I even tried logging out on the UI. Just to make sure, but still no luck.

Thanks,
  • Jerwin Ollica Plaquia
    edited June 2017
    Hi Guys,

Just need some help again.

I am trying to set up the Reckon to a Customer, apparently it is a shared file.

When trying to Authorise the API. I am getting this error.

here is the request that I am sending.
    {
      "CountryVersion": "2015.R2.AU",
      "FileName": "\\RAH-FSS-16-AP2B\044636-346869-MMMCptyltd\mycompany.QBW",
      "Operation": "<?xml version="1.0\""?><?qbxml version=\""6.1\""?><QBXML><QBXMLMsgsRq onError=\""continueOnError\""><CompanyQueryRq /></QBXMLMsgsRq></QBXML>"",
      ""UserName"": ""Admin"",
      ""Password"": ""Admin""
    }

Hope you can help me on this one.
    Hoping for your quick response as well.
    As this is a bit urgent.

Sorry for this."
  • Mehrnoosh
    Mehrnoosh Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2017
    Hi Jerwin,

I think you are using a wrong shared folder path in your request. The response is unable to find a folder which you are looking for.
  • Mehrnoosh
    Mehrnoosh Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2017
    Hi Jason,

Could you please give me a favour? Where should I sign up to receive  "700+ page doc on the Intuit SDK "?

Thanks,
  • Jason Hollis
    edited June 2017
    You only need this Jerwin. \\MMCptyltd\mycompany.QBW

You'll find more info on shared file on the online help site with a image of what the folder looks like in the hosted file browser. 
  • Jason Hollis
    edited June 2017
    Send us a request at Reckon API Mehrnosh. You should already have received the link when you signed up as a developer partner. Also include the email you would have signed up with.

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Jerwin Ollica Plaquia
    edited June 2017
    Hi Mehrmoosh,

Thanks for the response.
    Apparently, I already check it on the "File>Audit Company File" to check for the shared file path. And the path I am sending on the request is correct.

I even double check as of this writing. But I beg to insists the path I am sending on the request is correct.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited June 2017
    This will help you determine the correct prefix Jerwin. It's hard for us to tell without seeing your shared folders. 

ps. Can you start new threads for new topics? Will make it easier for developers to find what they need next time. Thx
    Ref: https://reckon.helpdocsonline.com/api-reckon-accounts-hosted-overview

• sakthi
    sakthi Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020

How could I capture Sale Rep in below payload?

RAH/v2?

{"CountryVersion":"2019.R2.AU","FileName":"","Operation":"<?xml version=\"1.0\"?><?qbxml version=\"6.1\"?><QBXML><QBXMLMsgsRq onError=\"continueOnError\"><InvoiceAddRq requestID='169'><InvoiceAdd><CustomerRef><ListID>8000002F-1467243717</ListID></CustomerRef><TxnDate>2020-11-09</TxnDate><RefNumber>169</RefNumber><PONumber></PONumber><Other></Other ><InvoiceLineAdd><ItemRef><ListID>80000304-1467243715</ListID></ItemRef><Desc>Bacon 2.0 kg R/Less Diced</Desc><Quantity>1.00</Quantity><Rate>19.30</Rate><SalesTaxCodeRef><FullName>CAG</FullName></SalesTaxCodeRef></InvoiceLineAdd></InvoiceAdd></InvoiceAddRq></QBXMLMsgsRq></QBXML>",}

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

Country version is now 2020.R2.AU

To add Sales Rep, add <SalesRepRef><FullName> (or <ListID>) </SalesRepRef> right after your <PONumber> tag (before the Other tag)

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• sakthi
    sakthi Member Posts: 2

@PhuongDo Thanks for your response. Where I can get the API documents, or Link plz?

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

They are all mentioned in Reckon API support doc. But for this specific purpose, you can have a look at this link: https://static.developer.intuit.com/qbSDK-current/common/newosr/index.html

Make sure to change the Max SDK version to 6.0 and tick Allow CA & UK if you want to see supported fields for Reckon Desktop.

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au