Creating iif files to talk with Reckon Accounts

Jordan_6888525
Jordan_6888525 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have third party software that exports information to a iif file so it can be imported into Reckon Accounts to create invoices. Is there a way to have an email address imported to each customer:job when a new invoice is created?

We currently use the following lines:
!TRNS
!SPL

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Jordan,

Welcome to the Community.

Line 3 will need !ENDTRNS. Give that a go and see how you go.

Thanks,
    Mirko
  • Jordan_6888525
    Jordan_6888525 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Hi Mirko,

Thank you for the quick reply. This is what my iif file looks like. This work perfectly. Is there are '!TRNS type' that will allow Reckon to populate the Customer:job email when the new invoice is created? (This will then allow me to email invoices to all my clients)

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Jordan

I haven't tested this, but I would be really interested whether it works or not. The datafield names are correct, but sometimes the iif import routine can't import valid names and ignores them
    • Include 3 extra columns on the !TRNS Line as follows: EMAIL  CC  TOSEND
    • Data for the 3 columns on the TRNS Line as follows: email, CC email (if needed),  Y
    The TOSEND field (set as Y) will tick the To Be Emailed box on the invoice.

If the invoice doesn't import, you may be able to import the customers first with a !CUST import, then Import the Invoices with the TOSEND column added.

Please post your results.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Partner
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Chelsea Larkin
    Chelsea Larkin Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QIF/IIF format. Hi, I am looking for an example QIF/IIF file format so that I can upload third party expense information into Reckon - where/how can I get this please?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Chelsea, please see existing in we have which discusses iif/qif files and has some screenshots of examples of how they should look. Thanks, Mirko
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Chelsea, I'd go with Grahams second suggestion of firstly importing a CUSTOMER list which would contain the Customer:Job along with the relevant email address.

And then import your IIF that has the transactions.

-IM
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Chelsea

Here is a sample iif file for creating a Cheque in Reckon Accounts.

You can have more than 1 SPL lines, but the sum of the amount in the TRANS line plus the sum of the amounts plus taxamounts in the SPL lines must equal zero.

The Bank Accounts and Expense accounts must also be already in Reckon.

There are some variations on this:
    • You can use BILL instead of CHEQUE and it will create a bill, but the Bank Account Name is the Accounts Payable Name (normally Accounts Payable)
    • You can use bring in items if you need to, but the format is different.  If this is the case drop me a line.
    Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• George Murcott
    George Murcott Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Searching for .IIF file available headings for both transactions and distribution lines.... Creating an .IIF file to import invoice transactions is a bit of challenge when not all available headings for both the transactions and distribution lines are published. Can someone help on the distribution headings for "Unit of Measure" & "Item Code"? Also is there any way of ensuring the invoice transaction uses the correct template?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey George, have a read of this thread! Might help.
  • George Murcott
    George Murcott Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Mirko, I had already read this thread.
  • Sandor Farago
    Sandor Farago Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled csv file import of sales. Does anyone know the format required etc for importing sales in a csv file
  • Greg Beeforth
    Greg Beeforth Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled TRNS IIF Import - Billable Flag. We are currently successfully importing expenses into Reckon - but we are unable to set the 'Billable?' flag. I have looked at the supporting documentation for the TRNS IIF file and it does not mention the Billable flag. Is it possible to set the billable flag during import?

Here is the file I am loading

!TRNS,TRNSID,TRNSTYPE,DATE,ACCNT,NAME,AMOUNT,MEMO,DUEDATE,,,,
    !SPL,SPLID,TRNSTYPE,DATE,ACCNT,NAME,AMOUNT,MEMO,SERVICEDATE,TAXABLE,TAXCODE,TAXAMOUNT,REIMBEXP
    !ENDTRNS,,,,,,,,,,,,
    TRNS,,BILL,10/20/2014,Accounts Payable,Greg Beeforth Expenses,-328,Monthly Phone Bill,10/20/2014,,,,
    SPL,,BILL,10/7/2014,Telephone - Mobile,CEC - Test Project (fr Westpac IT Offsite workshop),61.82,Monthly Phone Bill,,Y,NCG,6.18,NONEED
    SPL,,BILL,10/8/2014,catering,CEC - Test Project (fr Westpac IT Offsite workshop),90.91,Lunch Function,,Y,NCG,9.09,NOTHING
    SPL,,BILL,10/9/2014,Travel - Domestic Accommodation,CRM,90.91,Hotel Room,,Y,NCG,9.09,THISWAS
    SPL,,BILL,10/10/2014,Telephone - Mobile,CRM,54.55,Monthly Phone Bill,,Y,NCG,5.45,HASBEEN
    ENDTRNS,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks
    Greg
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi if you still having issues , you might like to give us a call .iif tool has limitations, developed by Intuit Inc,long time ago.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Graham Boast
    edited December 2017
    Hi Greg

You have this right; REIMBEXP  on the !SPL line and NOTHING on the SPL line (Weird use of the word but NOTHING means Reimburseable).

Also on the SPL line, the ACCNT must be an "expense" account in Reckon and the Name must be a "Customer".  If they aren't in the file, they will create as a Bank Account and a Supplier respectively, and the transaction will not record as Billable.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au