CREDIT CARD REFUND 5 MONTHS APART

Options
Sue Jones
Sue Jones Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
edited June 2019 in Accounts Hosted

Back in April 2017 we brought some stock & paid for it using our Company Credit Card.

Our Supplier just notified us that they had overcharged so they returned $ 46.90 back onto our Credit Card.

Question is how do I process this in Hosted?

Comments

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Please click here to follow instructions on how to process a refund from a supplier.

Hope this helps.

Luke.
  • Sue Jones
    edited September 2017
    Options

But I have already claimed the GST Back in April, so now I need to pay the GST...

I tried top do a Journal Entry but the GST amount does not show up on Tax Detail Report as a - minus & the amount going back onto the Credit Card is showing Less GST $ 42.64 & not $ 46.90 which is the whole amount that has been returned onto the Credit Card

• Sue Jones
    edited September 2017
    Options
    YEP ALL WORKED THANKS ?
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Sue  When entering charges using your Co CC, if you use the Enter Credit Charges form, all you need to do is put the Dot on Refund/Credit. Code the refund to the same Stock account as you did originally. Tick the box includes tax and the tax code is NCG not GST. You are coding the refund to an expense account so the tax code is NCG.