Credit Notes/Adjustments to Invoices

Therese_7141803
Therese_7141803 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
How do i process a credit to an outstanding invoice so that the amount owing on the invoice  is reduced by the amount of the credit?

Comments

• Peter Neale
    Peter Neale Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2014
    In the Suppliers > Pay Bills window select the invoice you wish to apply the credit to, click on Set Credits, which is near the bottom centre of the Pay Bills window. A Credits window pops up which lists all available credit notes, tick the credit note you want to apply to the invoice, and then click Done.  Then pay the bill in the normal way.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Therese,

On the Home screen is an icon which says Adjustment Notes/Credits. You can create the adjustment note as required, then when you click on Save & Close it will prompt you to assign it to an open invoice.

Then if you edit your invoice template to include Payments & Credits it will show it on the invoice. Lists drop down menu > templates > double click to edit > Additional customisation > Footer tab > tick the box for Payments/Credits.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2014
    how do i reverse an applied adjustment note against wrong invoices
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Unfortunately Kathy you can't.

If you made the adjustment note $0 that will undo the entries, then put the figures in again.

This is the only way around it.

Kind regards,

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2017
    Hi Sally, thankyou for your reply. I found a way to do it. I went into the invoice that the credit was applied against (the balance was nil on the invoice) and selected the apply credits button and unticked the credits. This left the balance of the invoice back to the original amount. Yah! thought you might like to know thus one. Cheers, Kathy
    edited December 2016

Hi Kathy,

Yes, thank-you! I completely forgot you can do that :)

Thanks for the reminder.

Kind regards,