currency incorrect on remittance advice

Karen_6907124
Karen_6907124 Member Posts: 33
edited March 2017 in Accounts Hosted
RAH 2015 R1

Our OS customer's currency is being displayed as **** on remittances despite being a foreign currency.
e.g. bill paid in Euro:

Remittance displayed as **** even though amount is correct:

this is confusing for our overseas suppliers as they think i have paid in AUD.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Just looking at this.  Confirming I see same issue.   Using a test company, I've created a separate Bank Acct in Euro currency,  and created a supplier and set that supplier to be a Country:  ie: Belgium.

Created a Bill for Euro200.00  which ended up as $325.62  (at Exchange rate of E1.00 = $A1.6281,  and then PAID that Bill through the Euro Currency Bank account.  

All the currencies worked fine, and displayed in EURO on the Bill,  and hit the Euro Bank Acct in Euros  OK.   But yes,  the Remittance advice is showing ****.   The amount shown is the E200.00 but as you see on your forum question,   it has   ****  prefix.

Had a look at Menu: List -->  Templates  
    and looked at the Remittance Template with the EDIT -->  Layout Designer tool.   There appears to be no currency selection database item to adjust what is seen in the three amount fields of the Remittance Advice.

I wonder if there is some tie up to the HOME Currency for the Company (ie: of the Books, not the supplier?)

What is of interest,  is a recent AP manual (Reckon Training 2015 - Black bound manual for new APs)  shows an example of all this Template editing, and all the examples in that book show no currency denominator whatsoever.    Wondering which database element is being chosen on the Template.
  • Karen_6907124
    edited May 2015
    Yes Gary, thank you for confirming this.
    Previous to upgrade there would be no currency sign at all on the remittance, so I would tell the customer the currency. I should not have to do this.
    I think you are right it is the HOME currency. 
    it needs to be rectified by RECKON.

• gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Whilst awaiting a resolution of this,  all I could suggest,  is that a 'copy' of the remittance template be made,  and include a TEXT BOX below the main area, with an apologetic comment to interpret the content in currency "XXX".     I know in earlier years I resorted to such tactics for Orders and so forth when not dealing in multi-currency at all,  but desiring to place orders to overseas ie, in $US, knowing full well I'd manually adjust the bill into $A when processing it in the local Australian books of the firm.  (IE: I had a Service item setup purely for inserting an explanation to the supplier, on the order, to consider the order to be in their currency).   

OR:  Add a "Long Text" comment in to the FOOTER  (of the interim Template)

We'll need to hand this off to the PSG lads I suggest.

Gary
  • Karen_6907124
    edited May 2015
    Thank you Gary, I will just tell them in my emails as I used to do. :)
  • Tracey Little
    Tracey Little Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2015
    I've just come across this same Issue.  Have Reckon responded to this Karen? Oh and thank goodness they have allowed an edit of this template.  The old un-editable one was yucky and needed to allow customisation!  

Another issue which is kinda picky, I think, but the "Payment Amount" field, the one above the body of the remittance, does not contain a dollar sign at all.
  • Karen_6907124
    edited May 2015
    No, not that I have seen Tracey :(
  • Tracey Little
    edited May 2015
    :-( I noticed that the icon above says this issue is solved? (I think).  It's quite frustrating huh because it's just a basic thing for them to have picked up on!  The software's QA is disappointing.
  • Karen_6907124
    edited May 2015
    it's certainly NOT solved!! 
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Ladies, I had marked the thread as solved as a 'work around' has been provided. I will change the status to Acknowledged as the issue has been passed onto Product Management and Development to review in their product cycle.
  • Tracey Little
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Mirko :)  
  • gazza73
    edited February 2017
    thanks Mirko - it will be good to correct this
  • Tracey Little
    edited May 2015
    Another issue with this I've just found is that the decimals (cents amounts) are not justified in the columns correctly.  Even when I right justify, the dollar signs then do not justify. Is there anyway of fixing this?

See below as an example: image

• Karen_6907124
    edited May 2015
    Tracey, see my screen shot at the top, it is justified. I have just checked and both the Reckon version and my template are the same. 
    I don't know why yours is different.
    Have you looked at the layout , is the same as this?image
  • gazza73
    edited February 2017
  • LPE ACCOUNTS
    LPE ACCOUNTS Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2015
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled new remittance advice showing amounts in AUD format when customer is USD.

The new remittance advice form is showing the amounts in the format A$123.00 even though the supplier is setup to use USD.  The bill shows the payment amount in US$123.00.  Any idea why reckon is picking up the incorrect currency here?   I have tried to customise the template but I cant find a way to change the currency.

?

• gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Status:  This issue has been raised in Support Note:  4627800  for technical review/address.  But meantime, there is an official Knowledge Base article:  5262 that confirms a workaround.

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"

• Karen_6907124
    edited September 2015
    Still waiting for a resolution of this. Any idea when?
    Workarounds (as per KBA 5262 from April 2015) are just bandaiding the problem.

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Karen, Tracey and Gary,

Thanks for raising this issue.  

Product Management have scheduled the removal of the **** symbol from the Remittance Advice for the 2016 edition.  
    regards,
    John.

• Karen_6907124
    edited September 2015
    Thank you John. That's a long time to wait. Hope to be retired by then!! :)
  • Tracey Little
    edited September 2015
    To remove a simple character? For a cloud based system, updates seem to take a long time....
  • Karen_6907124
    edited June 2016
    Can someone tell me if this is on schedule for being fixed come 2016 edition?
    it is very inconvenient. Still.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Karen,

The 2016 edition will show the respective foreign currency symbol.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Karen_6907124
    edited June 2016
    yeah! thank you :)