Custom Templates - layout & printer settings keep changing without permission since latest upgrade!

Mira
Mira Member Posts: 8
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, 
since the upgrade, the size & layout design settings of my custom templates (invoices, payslips etc) keep changing without my approval... every time I create/print a new document. 

It's infuriating.

It appears that the printer settings keep changing the default page size to 'Letter' size, also. Despite the fact that I've never set anything to print on letter size. It's always been A4. 
And the layout/position of fields/text/images on the templates keep being screwed around with, making the final printed copy useless. I'm having to manually fix the template layout EVERY TIME I want to print anything &/or save anything to pdf. 

What's happened to my custom settings and how can we fix it?
Thanks

Comments

• Big Hat
    Big Hat Accredited Partner Posts: 93 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    I am sure Rav put up a post today on how to resolve this issue

John Peppas

• Mira
    edited January 2018
    I've tried all the solutions I've seen Rav commenting on or posting. They're obvious setting steps, that simply disappear/revert themselves back next time you log in
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hi all.  Rav issued a new reply post at 1:05 pm today for the subject ?Improved printing and removal of the clipboard in Chrome - Reckon Hosted?.  If you cannot find this in your emails, because you haven't been following the particular thread, log in to the Reckon Community site and do a search by just typing in "Improved printing" and the first one on the list should be the one.  Open it and go to the end of the thread for the instructions.  I have followed the instructions for Invoices and done testing across both Chrome and IE and I have found that once changed, as per the instructions, the setting stays in place, which is great news.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Pay Slips.  Whilst I can follow the instructions and update the print settings in the template, and then go to print a pay slip the Reckon Printer Dialogue Box still shows as Letter and has to be manually changed.  Strange thing though is that the changed settings in the Template have saved but are being over-ridden by the Printer Dialogue box which refuses to save into a new session.  Perhaps Reckon has not yet put in place an alternative workaround for Pay Slips.

I can also tell you that it is a much simpler exercise to print using Chrome than it is using IE as there are other issues for IE relating to PDFs.

Hope that this helps you at least with Invoices.
    John L G
  • Mira
    edited January 2018
    Appreciate you taking the time to pass this info on to as many people as you have, John. I only use Chrome, so fortunately Am not coming up against any of the IE glitches. On that note; I’ve noticed quite a few people getting frustrated by their inability to save as pdf & print within the one ‘print’ process from reckon. Not sure if I’ve read these comments correctly, but Im of the assumption that they’d easily fix this issue by checking their Chrome browser settings. E.g. For this exact purpose, my chrome browser is setup As follows; settings - content settings - pdf documents - ‘Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome’ - YES/ON This way, everything I print from Reckon opens automatically with Adobe and I can print, save pdf etc however needed, without having to start the print process over. Hope everyone is able to find ways to get by for now, with as little stress possible. Kind Regards, Miranda
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thank you for adding to the knowledge pool Mira.  I am sure that somebody will benefit from this suggestion.
    John L G
This discussion has been closed.