Custom Invoices in Accounts Home & Business 2013

Scott Sharrad
Scott Sharrad Member Posts: 4
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to creating a custom Invoice layout in Accounts Home and Business 2013.

However, whenever I include a logo image in the template, it results in just the Company Address block being printed.

What is going on and how can I fix this so I can have consistent branding across all my correspondence with my customers?

Kind regards,
Scott

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Scott,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

It sounds like you added the logo after you added your company address, and you chose to set the Logo to the left, where the Company Address sits.  Adjust the position of the Logo to Centre and you will see both your address and the Logo.

Hope this meets your needs.

regards,
    John
  • Scott Sharrad
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for the welcome and reply, John G.

However, your reply has not answered my original query. 

My problem is not that the company address does not appear; my problem is that ONLY the Company Address appears when a Company Logo is in the page template when printed. Nothing else prints. No dates, customer addresses, invoice items, rates, amounts, tax, custom messages nor total.

regards,
    Scott
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Sorry for the misunderstanding Scott.

Please open the Sample file and test  the Invoice there.  Do you get the same result?
    (The Sample file is located at C:\Program Data\Intuit\Quicken\Sample\sample2.qdf)

If you do, then the invoice template either did not install properly or has become corrupt.  You will need to uninstall and re-install H&B.  For a guide on the process see the note at:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=4333

If no problem was encountered with the Sample file then you will need to contact Technical Support for further assistance.  

regards,
    John
  • Scott Sharrad
    edited March 2014
    Had the same problem with the Sample file, so performed an uninstall and clean installation and I am still having the same issue with including a logo in a custom invoice.
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Scott,

Hmmm....

In that case there may be something wrong with the logo file.

Does the problem occur without the logo?

If not, then resize the logo to a smaller size (default size is 100x100 pixels in BMP format).

Try another picture file suitably resized.

Let me know how it goes.

regards,
    John

• Scott Sharrad
    edited March 2014
    Problem lay with the logo file. There must have been something anomalous with it.

I tested with a blank 100*100 bmp file and it showed/printed fine
    I re-exported the logo as a new bmp file with the original dimension 450*150 and it prints/shows fine.

Thanks for the help. The error reporting of this program certainly leaves something to be desired...

Scott