customer adjustment note for an unpaid invoice

Options
Raluca Pratt
Raluca Pratt Member Posts: 18
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
Hi there,
I have a customer who didn't pay for the invoice ( and know for sure she will not).
I tried to create a customer adjustment note using the expense account Bad Debts and the negative amount. The problem is I can not save it , I get the message that the transaction can not be recorded because of the negative amount.
So I tried to add a new line on the old invoice , using the same expense account and the negative amount ( so the balance will be zero ) and I get the same message that I can not record it because of the negative amount.
I have the basic version of Reckon One , my question is if there is any other way to fix that?
Thank you,
Raluca

Comments

• Lynda Chater_9039203
    Lynda Chater_9039203 Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi Raluca

If you are doing a customer adjustment note then the amount you input should not be a negative. A customer adjustment note is the negative to an invoice.

You then just need to allocate the customer adjustment note against the invoice to clear the amount.

Thanks

Lynda

• Raluca Pratt
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Lynda ,
    Thank you for your answer.
    I'm sorry , but I am a bit lost; I created the adjustment note , how do I allocate it against the invoice?
    Issue refund will send me to the bank account , there is no other active button.
    Just don't know how to link them.
    Thank you,
    Raluca

• Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Raluca

Did you get this query sorted?

If not, try the following:
    1. Create the customer adjustment note / credit note. Enter values as positive (Reckon One will deal with the debit / credit aspect automatically.
    2. Save the note.
    3. Select 'issue refund'.
    4. Select 'View full details' (now visible in green section at bottom of screen).
    5. On the 'Allocate' tab you should see the invoice that has not been paid.
    6. You can select the invoice and apply the credit note. Remember to enter the amount you want to allocate to the invoice.
    Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Jon Martingale
    Reckon UK
  • Raluca Pratt
    edited April 2020
    Options
    All sorted , thank you for your help.
  • accountsgrs
    accountsgrs Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2020
    Options
    On another matter,  I have an invoice that needs to be credited due to an overcharge to my customer. Most of the invoice needs to be credited and has a  lot of line item info that I don't want to have to re-enter on the credit note.  Is there a way to raise a credit note (adjustment memo) directly from the invoice concerned, and then  just amend the new credit note detail  accordingly?
  • Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Deb

Apologies for the long delay in replying to you. Not sure if your query above is still relevant?

If so, would the following work:

1. Raise a credit note/customer adjustment note in Reckon One
    2. Go to the invoice that needs to be part credited
    3. Select 'Receive payment'
    4. Check the 'Apply available transactions' box
    5. In the 'Transaction to apply' drop down you should be able to select the credit note/customer adjustment note added in step 1
    6. Save
    7. Credit applied to invoice as a part payment

Let me know how you get on.

Jon Martingale
    Reckon One UK
  • Stacey Lett
    Stacey Lett Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I just tried that and a window comes up to say that you can not do that.