Customer not able to read pdf invoice

Bruce Crawford
Bruce Crawford Member Posts: 10
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have recently installed Reckon accounts premier on a new lap top and an older desktop pc both windows 10. The new lap top also has outlook 2019 installed and the desktop pc is running Outlook 2013 still. Some of my customers are unable to view the pdf invoice sent from the laptop (Outlook 2019) but have no problem when send from the older desktop (Outlook 2013) Can anyone help with this issue please. 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hi Bruce,
    When you say they are unable to view the PDF, what is happening specifically? Are they getting an error when they view the invoice or is there something else occurring?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bruce Crawford
    edited July 2020
    Im told there is no indication of the pdf being attached at all when they receive the email

• Bruce Crawford
    edited July 2020
    Im told there is no indication of the pdf being attached at all when they receive the email
  • Bruce Crawford
    edited August 2020
    I think I have solved the issue myself. In Reckon accounts Edit, Preferences, Send forms I changed the email sending option from Outlook to Outlook/Hotmail and it has worked for the few customers that were getting  winmail.dat file instead of the pdf. I was prompted for my password once and further emails sent this way didnt require my password again. There are other email options in here if you dont have a hotmail account.  It was an area that I discussed with Reckon techs about the allow/deny issue and it may sort both the problems.

• Bruce Crawford
    edited August 2020
    It also raises the question, do we need to purchase, and install Office 2019/Outlook for Reckon Accounts to be able to email our customers?