Customer Statement

Tanya Marshall
Tanya Marshall Member Posts: 7
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I've just upgraded to Reckon Accounts Plus 2019. Now trying to send out monthly customer statements and the fields have changed. There is no longer an option to select the type of statement ie Statement with Open transactions and so the total balance owing now shows all in the Current Balance field rather than Current then 0-30 days past due etc. I have no idea why they would take this option away, seems like a backward step! Any suggestions welcome please.

Comments

• brian_7664759
    brian_7664759 Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2020
    Not only that Tanya but in my Reckon Accounting system the debtors items are sorted on the statement by alphabetic reference to the short code I put in when creating the invoice - not by date of transactions. This is ridiculous and the only people I have dealt with in 50 years of business who sort debtors transactions like this. The worst thing is Reckon don't care and won't do anything about it.. 
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Tanya - what version were you running before you went to Plus 2019?  I have just checked Plus 2017 and the process for creating statements is the same... I expect nothing has actually changed with Plus and this has always been one of the differences between the Plus and the Premier/Pro versions... if you have come from an older version and gone to Plus (this is the lowest version you can choose that includes payroll, and is less costly than Premier), then this is one of the differences... Another is that Plus will only give you the option to print the most recent bank reconciliation (whereas Premier allows you to go back years)...if you have gone with a subscription - then you can always upgrade to Premier - for another $120 RRP you get an extra user and all the functionality of Premier...  but if you can live with these minor variations - then you can save money by running Plus... the best thing is that you can open your datafile with either Plus or Premier...and switch between them... ie you could send your file to your Accountant/Accredited Partner and they can open with Premier without upgrading it...If you were considering upgrading to Premier, then its also worth considering moving to Hosted - which is slightly less extra cost - but gives you all the functions of the Enterprise version and access to your files from any computer.  Hope this gives you some ideas/options?