Customers contacts and Jobs

John Fieldtech
John Fieldtech Member Posts: 15
edited September 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi,

We are looking for a CRM that integrates with Reckon, however I've recently been told that the way way have our contacts in Reckon will make it difficult.
We are using Accounts Hosted.
In regards to customers; Individual contacts from a company we have entered as jobs. This is how we were told to do it when we started with Reckon 5 years ago.
So Company X may have 10 or 20 people who are all entered as jobs for company X. Sales Orders and Invoices are assigned to each job.
Statements are created by Customer (company) which includes all the invoices for each job (contact).

Is there another way we should have set up individual contacts and contact information for each customer? I can't see how else it can be done.
Can anyone recommend a CRM which can integrate with Reckon based on the above?

Comments

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Hi John,

In my experience as an ERP consultant the structure of Reckon Accounts makes no difference to the set-up of a CRM unless that CRM provider does not understand the structure.

Essentially the Reckon Accounts database sees the job as CUSTOMER:JOB therefore the CRM should only pull over names that are CUSTOMER format. You should also be able to export the jobs from reckon to excel, filter/manipulate and import them into the CRM as contacts. This is very standard practice when adding an ERP/MRP/CRM to accounting software as not many accounting systems in the SME space have the concept of unlimited contacts or locations.

If the CRM provider has queries they should contact reckonapi@reckon.com 

Kind regards, 
    Jason
  • John Fieldtech
    edited September 2020
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for that.
    So once the jobs are 'converted' and imported into the CRM as contacts, then the CRM can function as a stand alone database.
    But how will future data such as sales / invoices for each customer flow through from Reckon to the CRM?
    We are looking for a CRM that can integrate with Reckon.
    We don't want to be duplicating data entry in 2 different places and would also like sales data to be up to date in the CRM.
    Is this possible?

Regards,

John.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited July 2017
    Hi John. All of the sales rep / contact type reports "should" be accessible via the CRM post integration. Reckon would then fall back to reporting on accounting information, BAS etc... 

All CRMs are different though. Who have you talked to to-date, and who advised that the customer;job structure in Reckon desktop was difficult?
  • John Fieldtech
    edited July 2017
    Hi Jason,

I have only talked to CreataCRM so far, as you have a link to them from the Reckon website.
    Am I able to contact you directly please?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited July 2017
    Hi John - yes email the Community Team attn Jason Hollis and they will fwd so I can contact you. 
  • Reece Harper
    Reece Harper Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2017
    Hi All, We have implemented the new feature to manage the Customer hierarchy  when using Job as customers, Here is a Video about this https://youtu.be/TYNxpOqvBrE
  • John Fieldtech
    edited October 2017
    Thanks Reece, I just watched your video.
    The 'jobs' that you have there are all customer branches or different divisions. The way we have set up Reckon is each individual customer contact (person) is a job. The way I understand it this will not work with CreataCRM right?
  • Reece Harper
    Reece Harper Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2017
    We can do some tweaks and extra switches for you if needed, but will explain what we have done now, 

If you have create a New Job,  it has the same format as Customer.  Meaning, when you create a New Job, Job Name =  is map Company and Contact =  Contact in CreataCRM database. 

My Assumption is what you have done, is Job name  =  Contact and Contact = Contact.  But would like to confirm how you have formatted this.    We may need to map Job Name to Contact and Contact to nothing.  let me know how you have done this. 
  • John Fieldtech
    edited October 2017
    Sorry I don't quite follow you.
    We are not using CreataCRM, we are still looking for something suitable.
    In Reckon Hosted we have 'Customer' as the customer company name. Then we add a job associated with that customer for each individual contact within that organisation.