How to prepare Quote for someone not in Customer List.

Bec_7028913
Bec_7028913 Member Posts: 12
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Just trying to customise a Quote Template

2 things I won’t allow me to do:

1. Won’t allow me to quote a person/business for eg (Joe Blogs) because he isn’t a customer yet

2. Won’t allow me to type in a description for eg. (Brass Spacer) because this isn’t an item in my item list

3. Basically it wants me to setup the person as a customer for every single person I quote and set up an item for everything I quote, is there any way I can get around these 2 things?

Thanks,

Bec

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Bec, this is correct. The work around would be;

1. Create a generic customer named: 'Quote/anything you like' - leave the address details blank - When preparing quote edit the address field with the name and address for each.

Item - do the same create an item called "Quote" or anything else you find fitting - leave the rest blank - if blank the price, description etc can be edited in the quote screen.

Once you complete quotes, if any prompts ask you to save amendments to item or customer, click no, this way you will have the Quote customer & Item remain blank for next use.
  • Bec_7028913
    Bec_7028913 Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015

Thanks Mirko.

I thought that would be my only option, but just wanted to make sure it was correct way of doing it.

Thanks again for your help!

Bec

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Bec & Mirko,

This is exactly what I tell my clients to do for quoting new customers!

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)