Daily Sales Entry - easier way of entering total credit card receipts from customers who pre-pay f

Options
jose_7439586
jose_7439586 Member Posts: 8
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
As a Health care centre our daily sales include immediate payment for services, prepayment (discounted package for services) and sales. We have a POS that generates invoices and receipts and we print out our daily sales, we use QB pro 2010.

Currently we enter prepayments as "customer payments", then each time they use a service an invoice is generated to offset against their credit balance. All credit card transactions for the day are deposited into our bank account minus merchant fees.

Question: When we enter a lump sum for all payments received via credit card for the day, we have to manually calculate and separate the entry for prepayments, is there a better way? We still have to account for outstanding credit for those with prepayments and monitor them regularly.

Jose

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi you are using QB Pro 2010?

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• jose_7439586
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Chandra,

Yes I am using Quickbook pro 2010

jose
  • cosmic
    edited December 2016
    Options
    also how are you entering your POS generated invoice and receipts into QBks PRO?  Have you considered upgrading to Premier?  I would consider this first , and once you tell me how you process the invoices and receipts, into RA , there are as always options .

Cosmic Accounting Group

• jose_7439586
    edited May 2015
    Options
    HI Chandra,

We have a health related software for our clinic notes which does all receipts and invoices, hence we have to enter daily sales to QB pro 2010, I will be upgrading to QB pro 2014 but not Premier since its not necessary for the size of my company.

• cosmic
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ok Thanks, but are you manually entering all these transactions are you creating tax invoice and receipts one by one then doing the "rec", as for QB Pro 2014, i am not aware, that there is an upgrade,i have not used QBooks PRO for last 10 years or more now.  Hi Kevin Russell, please update me on this, or or i can got to my portal check it.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• cosmic
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Jose, hope you are still ok with your inquiry, you can always call me to discuss.
    thanks
    we might both learn some thing new
    02 95411338 or 0407068942

Cosmic Accounting Group

• jose_7439586
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Txs Chandra, however my questions remains answered, hope others using QBpro can help.

Jose
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Jose

Just to clarify that I understand, you have another POS system that runs your patient files, appointments, invoices and receipts/payments either cash, chq Eftpos or credit card on a daily basis.

then you want to take the total sales for that day, minus the credit card fees and enter them in Reckon.

Q: In Reckon you are only entering total sales, and not tracking each patient as a customer and applying each payment to a customer are you.
  • jose_7439586
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Kim,
    Yes I'm only entering total sales, as clinic software can trace every invoice and payment for each day.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My first question then is in QB why do you need to separate prepayments if your clinic system is keeping track of them?  Just enter them all as sales on that day in QB.

If at anytime you have to refund to a patient, again the clinic software keeps track and you set up an expense account in QB for 'refunds to paitients', then jnl from income to the expense account to move the patients refund from sales.

If  you have to separate them in QB is there a report you can run daily from the clinic software showing how much was applied to an invoice and how much is prepaid?