Data loss found in file and can't open latest data file to remove the problem data as file is corrup

Donna Argent
Donna Argent Member Posts: 3
I'm using APP 2019. I have a popup box saying data losses were found in your file. when I view the data loss file it says it is one particular share group. I can't open my latest copy as it says it is corrupted. Is it possible to repair a corrupt file. The latest backup file I have is one from 3 days prior which has a lot of updates I don't want to have to reenter. I've seen posts from people who have rebuilt data files but I can't find any posts of how to actually rebuild a file in APP 2019

Comments

• Kevin_9915502
    Kevin_9915502 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2019
    Hi Donna,
    The only action I am aware of is you can try the validation process.

Under FILE > File Operations select VALIDATION. Then select the data file you are using.

After doing that, run Super Validate. Exactly the same steps as above except what selecting VALIDATION, hold down the SHIFT key.

Hopefully that will help, however if it doesn't, I think you would be best to go back to your back-up and re enter the data.

Good luck

Kevin 
  • Donna Argent
    Donna Argent Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for your help. Unfortunately validation didn't work. I had to reenter the lost data. Thanks anyway