How to download a backup file (*.QBB) from Reckon Accounts Hosted to your local computer

Datarec_ReckonLtd
Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
edited August 2023 in Accounts Hosted

When you see the Reckon Accounts Login screen, press the Cancel button.

Downloading the file:

1) Once logged into Reckon Accounts Hosted, click on the floating toolbar as shown below.

2) Click on the ‘down arrow icon’ to download the file.

3) You will see the file browser window will open. 

It will by default look into the documents folder. 

Click on the drop-down arrow and select My Backup (B:) drive.

4) To download QBB backup files go to My Backup B: drive. See example image below

5) When the file is downloaded, by default, it should go to the default Download folder on your PC. 

Example: C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Downloads

You can change it in the web browser preference settings if you prefer.

On some browsers, it may ask you for the location, where you would like to download it to. 

Once you have selected the destination, click on the Open or Save button.

Your download will now start.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

Comments

• Jane_9709505
    Jane_9709505 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2019
    Thank you. This is very helpful. However the backups for one of my company files won't download for some reason. Any idea why?
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited October 2019
    Hi Jane,

You need to provide a more specific description as to what you are encountering other than 'won't download'.

Take note of the actions you are performing and confirm whether it differs from the instructions you are following.

If there are any specific error messages appearing, that may help determine a possible cause so that a solution can be formulated.

Were you able to create a backup successfully?
    Is it visible in the B: drive
    Are you selecting the correct file?
    Is the name of the file you have selected appearing in the File name field?
    Where are you trying to save it on your local computer?

Consider calling the Hosted Technical Support Team for over-the-phone assistance.

• Jane_9709505
    Jane_9709505 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2019
    Yes the actions I'm performing are the same as outlined in the original post. I have multiple company files for different entities, and following those instructions works for other company files except one in particular.

There is no error message at all.

Yes, I can successfully create a backup.
    Yes, it is visible in B: drive
    Yes I am selecting the correct file
    Yes the name is appearing in the File name field
    It's going directly to my downloads folder as no option to choose where to save it comes up
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited October 2019
    Hi Jane,

So once you have selected the file and clicked the ?Open? button to begin the download process, are you saying that nothing further occurs and that no data file ends up in your download folder?

Consider either:

a) Renaming the existing file on the B: drive so that the full file name is smaller

b) Creating a new backup of that file, giving the resulting backup file a smaller file name

Example: TEST.QBB

Then try downloading that file.