- For company data files that have only a single username (Admin), the file will be automatically opened without any password prompts
- If you are prompted for a password, then you are not opening the correct file that has had the Admin password removed.
You need to go through the steps of restoring the portable file to confirm you have the correct file and replace the existing original file that still has a password.
- For company data files that have multiple usernames able to access the data file, you will be prompted to enter a data file Username and a corresponding data file Password
- If prompted, login using the username Admin and leave the password field blank then click the OK button.
If you encounter a warning message like the one shown below, do not be alarmed.
This is a side-effect of removing the existing Admin user and replacing it with a default Admin user that has no password.When you set a new password for the Admin user, the next time you login that warning will no longer be displayed.
- Once you are logged in, change your password to your preferred value
recommend you read the article below before you change the password for the
- Click on the Company menu and select Change Your Password
- If the data file had other usernames
- Click on the Company menu and select Users, then View Users to confirm this
- Each user would need to log in with their username and known password
- As the Admin user you can also change the password to their preferred value
Data Recovery Team
Be the first to post a reply!