Delayed printing time

Roslyn_9745732
Roslyn_9745732 Member Posts: 102
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Is there any chance the length of time it takes to print an invoice or report can be reduced?
It is ridiculous that you have to go through so many steps just to print.  Other programs I am using (MYOB; SILQ and BarBooks) print straight to your own printer and instantly!!!! 
One should not have to wait 30 seconds (and I know it does not sound very long but when you are busy it is a long time) to print.
Please let me know if there is anyway I can improve this problem.
Thanks for your assistance.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    Reckon Accounts Hosted operates on different architecture from the solutions you've highlighted. The direct comparison from purely a technology perspective would be Reckon One and you'll find that it operates in the manner you might be more familiar with.

Changes to this area is dependent on some of our technology partners and there isn't any further work planned in this area at this stage.

Prior to the upgrade of the Hosted server environment we tested 4 different print drivers, and while the particular one currently in use takes roughly an extra 5 or so seconds on the first print, its faster from the second onward and results proved to be the best in comparison to the other drivers. Also, from QA testing, prints were as fast as they were on the previous server environment.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Roslyn_9745732
    edited October 2018
    Hi Rav, 
    Thanks for quick reply.  The first print most definitely takes much longer than 5 seconds.  It firstly goes to a reckon printer and then forwards to my printer rather than going directly to my printer as other programs do.  The second print is minimally faster if it is performed straight after the first print but I can have a few hours between printing invoices and it then reverts back to the first print time.  There must be a way to rectify this problem??

• Roslyn_9745732
    edited September 2018
    PS I just timed printing an invoice and it took 23 seconds!!
  • Ray_8081780
    Ray_8081780 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2018
    We have the same issues, first print is over 25 seconds, the next about 14, then they speed up. We print invoices for all cash sale customers. Like Ros, we also can have a few hours between printing, and when you have people waiting for an invoice to print, that nearly 1/2 minute seems like an eternity. 
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    From my perspective, there has been a noticeable deterioration over the past one to two weeks.  My experiences are similar to the above comments.  Apart from that, and occurring during the same time period, I have also been suffering from keystroke lag, with at times a delay of one to two seconds.  On one occasions it was so bad that I swapped browsers without any noticeable change - this did not occur as often as the printing problem though.
    John L G
  • Ray_8081780
    Ray_8081780 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2018
    I am experiencing that same key stroke lag as John, but had initially thought it was my PC or the net. It is only with Reckon, and would have started about the same time as the slow printing and constant logging out.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Rya - I forgot to mention that there has also been a dramatic change with the logging out matter.  Up until a little over a week ago, I could go a whole day, with regular but only intermittent use, and rarely get logged out.  Now it seems to be down to half an hour or less and this is a very noticeable change.
    John L G.
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited October 2018
    Hi Kevin,  I work in a barristers' chambers.  All invoices are sent in email and hard copy and reports are also required in hard copy.