DELETE a rubbish test/trial book, or any book I choose - DATA RETENTION?

David_9387478
David_9387478 Member Posts: 5
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
I have started using Reckon One as a trial and put a stack of rubbish in there. I have subscribed as a new book, but the old rubbish trial book is there with the same company data and i can't see how to delete it. I could only deactivate it, but its still there. I want to delete the rubbish. 

I spoke with an off shore tech support person who is certain I can not delete a book. He went and looked into it, and 4 days later came back by email saying " you not delete a book".  This seems wrong.  it is just plain messy. 

He advised i could not because of Data Retention policies. 

Where do we stand... If we use this product can we clean up our accounts - or are we trapped with trial rubbish in our interface as long as we use it?? 

Its just plain messy to have 2 books titles similarly and not be able to remove one. Its particularly messy on a mobile device. 

thanks for any advise on deleting. 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi there David,

Currently you cannot delete deactivated books from the Reckon Portal page however there will be filters available in a future Reckon One update which will allow you to remove deactivated books from view. No ETA just yet but its something we know that can be improved. 

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• David_9387478
    edited June 2019
    Deleting rubbish would be better so we don't accidentally start using the wrong book when in the field one day.  A filter is a workaround, but viable if we don't make the mistake of not having the filter activated somehow and end up in the wrong one again.. . Surely I am not the only one that wants this in the past XXX years?   

thanks for the response thought Rav. 
  • Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi.

I would also like to delete a Reckon One book which was set up by accident and would like it removed from my profile - has there been any further progress on this improvement?
  • David_9387478
    edited June 2019
    Yes, even an ETA would be nice - its so messy having dud books in the way all the time. 
This discussion has been closed.