Display of attachments not working in Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016. Foxit PhantomPDF is my de

John Pease
John Pease Member Posts: 3
imageimageimage

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi John,

I'm not sure how that part of the program works, but it might need Adobe Reader.  I have Adobe Reader set as my default PDF program and it works for me.  Give that a try and see if it helps.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • st_6872571
    st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2018
    Hi John, I also use Foxit Phantom Standard as my PDF program and I had the same issue.   It is now resolved.

I think what you need to check is your file associations for PDF files.   On any PDF file in the windows explorer window, right-click on it, select Properties.   There you will see an option, under the General tab, "Opens with".   Click change and reset it back to the Foxit program.   It may even be worth to do a complete re-boot.   I hope this works; it did for me.

I am surprised by Shane's advice suggesting to use Adobe Reader.   That's not a solution.   I say surprised as Shane is a Reckon employee and you would think he could at least make enquiries with the tech people and provide a more definitive answer. 

• John Pease
    John Pease Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2016
    Many thanks Shane and Steven
    If one selects Adobe Reader as the default PDF program means that all PDFs are opened by the program which isn't so good if you want to edit a PDF.  Hence why I have bought Foxit Phantom PDF.  I have confirmed that the program if the default program for PDFs.  One thing that has assisted has been to set "In web browser , display PDF in Read Mode by default" within Foxit preferences.  This at least reduces the tabs showing up.  I suspect that this is more an issue with how Foxit renders in a browser.