Dissatisfaction with Invitbox

Options
nance.s
nance.s Member Posts: 60
edited September 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have been using and promoting Invitbox to my Reckon Accounts Hosted clients for the past 18 months.  Now I have been advised that even though I am an existing customer I cannot add a new company.  Since being purchased by Intuit it appears that the customer service is turning into the same nightmare that existed with Quickbooks.  Just wanted to see if anyone else has another solution as I am extremely disappointed with Invitbox and don't hold out much hope that their service is going to improve.

Comments

• nance.s
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes actually I do.  That wasn't the question.
  • nance.s
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you Andrew for a sensible answer and explanation.  You have actually made my day.  Hopefully there is another online invoicing system that I can work with.
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Invitbox uses OCR technology, which may work well with Xero ,QBO, I think it may work with Desktop Reckon, but last  time i tried, i was not happy. As for RAH,  I think its difficult task .
    Invitbox is owned by Intuit Inc.if i am not wrong.

Which area you wish to bring info into Reckon Receipts or BILLS?

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• cosmic
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If you  are interested in full cloud based on line invoicing integrating to RAH instantly we have it already .
    you can do invoice on android device sens invoice  to your  customer instantly and it gets posted to RAH in 15 mins. The invoice is instanly attached to email tro be sent to your customer

Cosmic Accounting Group

• nance.s
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi Chandra - I am looking for something to receive invoices from suppliers and approve and export into Reckon Accounts Hosted Online.
  • cosmic
    edited December 2016
    Options
    OK, OCR technology is complex is never 100 % , we have  spent money on this .
    However, another option is if you have a one lot of supplier and they can give you in txt or csv format,possibility is there.
    As again , for one Reckon client requiring this, is too costly. Invitbox has a  big market with Xero and QBO and thats the reason they can keep going.and InvitBox is owned by giant Intuit inc.
    interestingly call me tomorrow , love to chat with you

Cosmic Accounting Group

• cosmic
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ok , but there was no RAH API that time available to get into RAH automatically.
    Desktop , was ok, when we tried their trial version, but was not sure hit job.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Chandra, Invitbox works with hosted and desktop via an import. Always has. 
  • cosmic
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi , Jason, yes you needt to import using mapping when i tried it was not automated, thats what i meant , and it was fiddly .

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I can confirm that Intuit purchased Invitbox in 2014, and the product has remained agnostic since that time (although one Intuit competitor did remove them from their add-on page). However, as per the Invitbox website, Intuit have decided not to offer this product as a stand alone application to new users (no information has been given as to future), and any enquiries should be passed to Intuit.

The good news... we have recently been working with Entryless, and in fact the desktop integration (seamless) has been completed and is awaiting beta testing. Entryless is receiving great reviews from users and accountants / bookkeepers alike, so we are very excited about this pending partnership.

Hosted has not been completed, however Entryless have committed to this pending user requests (so please request it via their site). In the meantime we will see if a csv import is possible.

Regards,
    Jason
  • Melinda Jane Koth
    Melinda Jane Koth Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    When do you think Entryless will be coming on board with Reckon Hosted
  • Jason Hollis
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Melinda. Entryless founder Mike Galarza has publicly promised an integration to Hosted however timeframe is something we do not generally monitor in terms of our partners. Have you contacted them directly? I can ping from this end however user requests are the key drivers in the add-on space.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Unfortunately for Nance and others... 7 months on it looks like no change.