Do I need to Backup??

Hans_9185123
Hans_9185123 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Do we need to do daily backups in case we need to restore a file in the future?

Reckon said that they do backups when I called yesterday but after reading posts on the community I feel uneasy if I were to stop doing daily backups. If something were to go wrong and we needed to restore a file and we didn't have a backup this would be catastrophic! Can you please clarify?

Comments

• Chris_7257105
    Chris_7257105 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2019
    You need to perform your own back up which you can restore if required at no additional cost. From what I gather, Reckon do perform a back up but will charge you to restore the file.
  • Hans_9185123
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the reply. However it takes us approx an hour each day to backup and since it needs to be in single user we have to have a staff member start early each day to backup. Doing the updates is painful too. It took almost a whole weekend to do the new update as we had to rebuild our data a number of times. Any suggestions?
  • Chris_7257105
    Chris_7257105 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2017

Hi Kevin,

Just thought I would update you on the procedure to reset a password which I copied from a community post:

Tricia.  The procedure to change a company file password is under Company>Change Password.

If you do not know what the Admin password is for that specific company, you will need to follow the steps that Rav has outlined and pay to have the password reset.  There are various levels of cost, depending on how quick you want Reckon to perform the task.  I have had to go down this track once in the past.  John L G

• Hans_9185123
    edited July 2017
    Thank you