Do you need to select employees previously lodged as Final Pay Event when using the Finalise Year fu

Danni_10103769
Danni_10103769 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi all,

I hoping someone could please provide some further clarification around the EOFY process for STP.  I am currently using Reckon Desktop 2018 R2 but will be upgrading to 2019 next week.

My questions are:

-I will need to utilise the Finalise Year option in Desktop 2019 as not ALL employees are included in the final payrun for the year.  Therefore, I understand the finalise year will display all employees paid during the financial year.  For employees who have been lodged as final pay event during the financial year (upon resignation etc) – do I need to select these employees again when I select finalise year? I am of the understanding they would not be required to be selected as the final indication has already been lodged?

-When selecting the finalise year function, do I also need to tick update event?   When I looked on the EOY finalisation information provided it appears to be ticked - does Reckon do this automatically when selecting the finalise year function (and yes I know I could see this when I upgrade but just trying to iron out my queries in advance).

Thank you all!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Danni,
    Our End of Year Finalisation guide has some really good info which will cover off your questions. Check it out below -

End of Year Finalisation with Reckon Accounts Business/Hosted

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Danni_10103769
    edited June 2019

Hi Rav,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  So as per the Reckon recommendation to export ALL employee data and lodge it as part of EOFY tasks - this will not duplicate information for those already lodged as final pay event throughout the year??

Many thanks!

• Danni_10103769
    edited June 2019

Hi Rav,

I just spent 58 minutes on hold to Reckon Support to be told the following:

1. When using the finalise year function - do not select employees who I have already lodged a final pay event for during the financial year.

2. When I select the finalise year function (in 2019 after lodging my final payrun in 2018 R2), I should not select the update event option.  However when I look at the example provided under the Reckon Accounts 2019 R2 at https://help.reckon.com/reckon-accounts/payroll/single-touch-payroll/finalise-year$19-or-less-1st-ju... the update event option is ticked. 

This conflicts with the information I have read on your website.  Can you please provide some clarification as soon as possible please. 

More than happy to provide the reference number of the call if required.

Thank you!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Danni,
    I've spoken with our STP folks and no it does not matter if you've selected the employees that have previously been included in the prior final pay event. We'll have a chat with our support teams on this so everyone is on the same page.

Secondly, a Final Pay Event is classed as an Update Event, the Reckon accounting software you're using will automatically tag this once you select the Finalise Year option and you should select the Update Event/Finalise Year option in GovConnect when you're uploading the pay event to submit.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Danni_10103769
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Rav, much appreciated.  Just want to ensure this is processed correctly.