Does anyone else use Invitbox and export to Reckon Hosted Online

nance.s
nance.s Member Posts: 60
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have just started using Invitbox and exporting invoices directly to Reckon Hosted Online.  However it will only export to an expense or GL code not to an item.  Does anyone else use it and know how to get around this?

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Kevin, Invitbox, is doing automated bill processing using OCR technology, and its now owned by Intuit Inc USA, but i didnt think they were able to send to hosted version of RA.
    Cosmic Innovations is  building and trialing this OCR technology, and hope fully can bring this solution this service to users of RA.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Gail Friday Office Solutions
    Gail Friday Office Solutions Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I had not heard of it either looks like a good add on package for companies receiving lots of bills. I just had a wee look at their site and looks like you may need to use a point of sale system to post to items as there is a setting in the Admin section asking about what POS/Inventory system you are using. I suggest put a post on their site or call their support line.
    Sorry not much help but glad you posted as I will be looking into this software further 
  • nance.s
    edited October 2015
    The posting to Reckon Hosted works really well apart from the fact that it goes to an expense code rather than an item code.  At the moment I am editing the invoices once they are imported but it is still quicker than typing in all of the information.
  • nance.s
    edited October 2015
    The support team at Invitbox are very helpful but they have said that it is not possible at the moment.  Just thought someone may have worked out a way.  Apart from that the software is very useful as it provides a centralised point of collection for invoices and multiple levels of approval/comments by remote access.  Would be truly fantastic if it posted to items and included being able to code to a customer.
  • Kay Laws Accredited
    Kay Laws Accredited Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2015
    Yes it is a great solution & the invit box team are fantastic when it comes to support. Have you touched base with them regarding coding transactions to customers? I have not use invitbox with Reckon as yet though I was able to code transactions to Jobs with my invitbox experience.
  • nance.s
    edited October 2015
    Are you able to tell me how you coded to jobs?  I did ask this question of Invitbox but they also said it couldn't be done.
  • Kay Laws Accredited
    edited February 2015
    Give me a call 0402831073
  • nance.s
    edited October 2015
    Are you in NZ?
  • Kay Laws Accredited
    edited February 2015
    No in Aus
  • Kay Laws Accredited
    edited February 2015

In invitbox in tray, if you select an invoice & select the edit invoice tab from the right, you have the following:

Document type

Supplier

GL Code

Category -  this is where I selected my jobs from however as I mentioned above I did not use invitbox with Reckon, the se up & mapping process may be different.

• nance.s
    edited October 2015
    Yes, I can send it to a GL code but that doesn't code it to a customer.
  • nance.s
    edited October 2015
    Thank you for trying to help.  Good to get some feedback.
  • Kay Laws Accredited
    edited February 2015

Do you have the Category option I mentioned above?

• nance.s
    edited October 2015
    Sorry I misread that.  No, I don't have a category option.
  • Kay Laws Accredited
    edited February 2015
    Ok the mapping process must be different as I had category & this is where I could select my jobs. I have touched base with my invitbox contact & they advised me that you can allocate to classes (I know this does not help you though) in Reckon.
  • nance.s
    edited October 2015
    Do you know if it is possible to import bills from Invitbox into Reckon so that they appear as a draft waiting to be finalised?