Does anyone know how secure the invoiced emails are that go direct out of Reckon Hosted ? From being

Options
Adventure Girl
Adventure Girl Member Posts: 5
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,299 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Never  occurred to me that it could be a problem, but if you feel it could be what about printing the invoices to PDF and save to PC then email
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The reality is that is impossible to be certain that no email will not be intercepted. 

Consequently, I'm very unsatisfied that Hosted doesn't provide encrypted emails - especially for payslips which holds information that is often more sensitive that the information in an invoice.   

I even have one contact who won't use Reckon because he believes the failure to provide encrypted pay slips means that he is breaking the law as he understands that payslips must be provided in a confidential and secure manner.
  • Adventure Girl
    Adventure Girl Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'm seeing instances with friends of emails being intercepted - one with unhappy results, others with people not taking care in what emails they are receiving and nearly getting duped. None involving Reckon Hosted but it's making me nervous the more I learn about it so I'm starting to question everything! I was hoping you'd tell me about high encryption levels etc but doesn't sound like the case!