Does book name have to be the same spelling as the name in gov connect?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
I am unable to rename the book name the same as it says on the ATO, message is that book name is already in use. Not possible as far as I can see, I’m the only one who’s set it up
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 2,468 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,560 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there, sorry for missing this post!
No the actual book name in Reckon One doesn't have to match the legal details for the business. However from what i understand, the Reckon One book name must be unique within a user's individual Reckon Portal account ie. you can't have two books with the same name. I believe this also applies to books that are inactive within the same account.

Has the name you're trying to apply been used on a previous Reckon One book in the same account?
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

No the name has not been used before, the client set it up using a generic name, when I went to start entering the details I noticed the bookname and tried to change it to the company name, but it is telling me it already exists
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I'll check in with the Reckon One team about this one in the morning. It should accept the book name if there aren't any others in the account with the same name so might be something for us to look into.
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

Anything further to add on this problem?
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

Hey Rav, any progress on my problem?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.
I've been having a look and our system shows me that there is already a book with the name from your above screenshot with the exception of a "." at the end.
Are you simply trying to update the book name from MILLING PROCESS SERVICES PTY LIMITED. to MILLING PROCESS SERVICES PTY LIMITED? ie. without the full stop at the end
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

Yes, and curious to why there is another book with that name as I am the only one who has set this up
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

Thanks Rav for whatever you did, I was able to change the book name in line with tax portal
Photo of bao dang

bao dang

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi I am having the same issue eventhough I do not have more than 1 book in my program. SOUPS & SUBS PTY LTD
Photo of bao dang

bao dang

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am trying to update my book name to be the same as govconnect business name due to API issue when sending information to govconnect for STP.
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 1,628 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I don’t know what Rav did but after many unsuccessful attempts to change it one day it just worked