Does having multiple classes slow Quickbooks down?

Helen Williamson
Helen Williamson Member Posts: 1
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi! I am looking at implementing a new accounting system in the organisation where I work and QuickBooks does what I want. We are a large(ish) not for profit and as such will need to set up a large number (up to100) of classes and sub-classes. I was talking to another user of QuickBooks last night who says their system operates slowly due to having 20 classes. Has anyone else found this to be a problem? We will have approximately 6 finance officers processing data at any one time along with myself and other managers within the organisation viewing the data and producing reports..

Any help/advice/comments much appreciated - thanks.

Helen

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Helen,

Welcome to the Reckon Community and thank you for considering us as your organisation's new accounting software provider.

Reckon Accounts (formerly QuickBooks) should not have difficulties running on the setup you have described. There are other reasons why the performance of a file may not meet standards other than classes, sub-classes and the number of users. 

If managed well coupled with adequate hardware you will find that Accounts Business will meet your needs. With your number of users you will need to use the Enterprise version which is better suited to a higher number of users, more transactions and more complex account structures. 

If you need more help with your particular circumstances you can approach a Reckon Accredited Partner who understands both the product and your business needs. You can search for a partner in your locality at: http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/FindAReckonAccreditedPartner.aspx.

If you wish to trial the product you can download a copy from: http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/Downloads/UpdatesServicePacks.aspx

Thank you again for considering Reckon.

Cheers,

Mirko