Download Easystart 2016

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Just purchased ES2016 retail pack which includes CD. My laptop does not have a CD drive. How can I download and register the software?
Photo of Phil

Phil

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 11,696 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If you know someone with a CD drive in their computer copy the contents of the CD to a USB, I would assume your laptop has a USB drive. Actually there may even be a chance that you can download the program directly to your laptop
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 58,234 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
And yet you felt obliged to chime in:) For mine, I wouldn't touch it. It's far too basic to do anything meaningful. And it probably won't work on Win 10 home anyway. It probably won't work on Win 10 Pro either. 
Photo of Phil

Phil

Thank you Kevin. I did purchase from eBay an old version from Harvey Norman. It does clearly state on the back that it works on win10. Just needed something very basic and non subscription product. Let's see if Reckon moderator can provide a download link. Surely it must exist given it is a perpetual license.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Are you sure its a perpectual license? Id be checking the fine print. The old "perpetual" versions don't activate any longer. If you have a IKC then you should ring Reckon and get a customer record created which will give you a download link. Reckon have a public policy of only supporting the immediately past version. https://www.smh.com.au/technology/reckon-accounting-software-crippled-to-force-subscription-upgrades-20191018-p531y4.html
(Edited)
Photo of Phil

Phil

Yes clearly says perpetual licence on the box. Thanks will contact them and get a record created.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Phil the activation can be withdrawn with 30 days notice. Just be aware.  https://www.reckon.com/au/accounts-business-range/
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

Phil I hope you didn't pay money for Easystart 2016. I would be stunned if it works. Especially if you are using a home version of Win10. I can download the software but sending it to you is tricky. It's over 1gb. Kevin 0407744914
(Edited)
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 11,696 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I was answering the question which was how to install without a. CD drive.
Photo of Kevin Russell

As discussed Chris, if you don't have the media there is no simple way to get the software especially if its a version which is out of support. As an accredited partner I can get all the old versions.