Downloaded Reckon Hosted 2015 Update But Cant Find it

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I've successfully downloaded the new update for the Reckon Accounts Hosted 2015 Tax Update. I clicked on the download file, followed the prompts and the below screen is what I got:

There is nothing there. When I clicked "Browse", I couldnt locate my Reckon files as they are all saved "online". All my backups are on B drive, which is QBB files I believe. 

Ive tried calling Tech Support but Ive been on hold listening to the same message being looped. Please help!
Photo of Kellie Riek

Kellie Riek

• 1,284 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Charles van Rotterdam

Charles van Rotterdam

• 9,776 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You do realise that the R2 version already has the tax update installed precisely because it is online
Photo of Kellie Riek

Kellie Riek

Tha'ts true but when I open the Hosted file it says I still need to update.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Kellie, try to remote disconnect your session and then log back in and follow the upgrade guide. if you have any trouble with this please let me know! ^Mirko
Photo of Kellie Riek

Kellie Riek

Thanks Mirko. I've restarted my computer and went to open R2. All my files are backed up already.

When I go to open R2, I get a black screen, not the log in box. I can open R1 fine. Some times it says I have to update or continue. I go to "Update" and it takes me back to the Reckon downloads/update page.

Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong. I've already downloaded the update as per my above request, the system cant find it.
Photo of Shannon Sciuto

Shannon Sciuto

• 2,110 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kellie,  you don't need to download anything.   It looks like what you have downloaded is the tax update for the desktop version of Reckon Accounts, not the Hosted version. 

The first time you log in via R2 it will tell you that you need to backup the file before upgrading.  Once you have backed up, it will ask you to confirm you are happy to upgrade the file by typing YES into the box.  Once you have done that, the data file will upgrade to the new version with the new tax tables. 

You can confirm that you have upgraded by going to Employees/Tax Table Information.  
Kellie.   I suspect the confusion is, that there are programs and there are company files.  

The  2015R2 program has the tax table capability for moving forward into 2015-16 with the latest tax table rules,  but you need to follow Mirko's suggestion of going through the post end-of-year upgrade (of your company files).  

If you come from a traditional desktop environment,  you need to adapt your thinking to the methodology used for the data centre based HOSTED version of the product.     

Hope that helps you as you go through Mirko's suggestion.

Gary Pope
An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
      independent IT Professional
and retired FCPA Accountant"
Photo of Shannon Sciuto

Shannon Sciuto

• 2,110 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Can you please take a screenshot of the window asking you to update or continue? 
Photo of Kellie Riek

Kellie Riek

Hi Shannon. Ill try. Im getting a black screen now :(
Photo of Kellie Riek

Kellie Riek

Hi all. Thank you for your input. I looked at the tax table info and found this:

Should it be 1/7/2015? Im on R1 now. I cant seem to get into R2. All I get is a black screen.
Photo of Kellie Riek

Kellie Riek

Hi all. Its now working! Im on R2, Dont ask me how it worked, it just did :)Thank you for your help. 
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Great to hear Kellie!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.