downloaded upgrade without backing up

Christine_6942626
Christine_6942626 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
While in the process of downloading the 2014 upgrade my quickbooks closed down in the middle of backing up so I don't have any back  up at all and don't know where my files are as i can no longer open the 2013 version on my computer and the 2014 doesn't have file to back up. Can i just uninstal the upgrade and will my previous version come back so i can back it up then go through the upgrade process again????

Comments

• Lauren Roe
    Lauren Roe Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2014
    Hi Christine

When you install a Reckon Accounts upgrade, the earlier version of Reckon will still be sitting on your computer (unless you have uninstalled it). 

Your company file will usually be sitting here:

C drive - Users - Public - Public Documents - Intuit - Quickbooks - Company Files

If you can't find it via that path, try searching your C drive for your company file.

Lauren 
  • ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    Hi Christine,

Lauren is right about where the 'normal place' or default location is.... but if you do have to search...The type of file you will be looking for will look something like this 'companyfilename.QBW'

Cheers

Angie Carlyle
  • Christine_6942626
    edited June 2014
    Thanks,  I was in a panic but all good now.
  • Christine_6942626
    edited June 2014
    Thanks,  will keep this info for next time cos no doubt i'll have same prob next time
  • Christine_6942626
    edited June 2014

thanks guys.  All sorted now.

• Lauren Roe
    Lauren Roe Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2014
    You're welcome Christine, happy to help you.