Downloading a backup from 2017 - impacts

Denize Hooton_10126044
Denize Hooton_10126044 Member Posts: 4
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
We are trying to identify and solve issues with the 2017 and 2018 FY accounts.  We do not have the relevant paper records and want to produce them from Reckon accounts to assist with our problem solving.  We have backups for these years and want to understand the impacts if we restore, then later restore the end of FY19 backup to continue with FY20 processing.

Comments

• Denize Hooton_10126044
    edited July 2019
    Hi Kevin

Thanks for your reply.  We are needing to investigate and potentially adjust payroll items and employee payment summaries, that we cannot do in the current file.  Once we correct each year and produce the required reports, we can then move onto downloading the backup for the next year to do the same.  Does this sound like a sound plan?  We obviously don't want to impact on our ability to restore FY19, to then move forward.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Denize

Reckon doesn't roll payroll years, all payroll is still in your current file and able to be amended, reports run, adjustments made, and even new payment summaries produced, in payment summaries just  chose the year and you can amend one or all.

Everything stays in your Reckon Hosted file and is accessible all the time, the only reason I can think of you can't access the past years is the file has been locked at a certain date, and this can be unlocked with the password.
  • Denize Hooton_10126044
    edited July 2019
    Thank you very much for that.  We will try with our existing file first!  I have just posted another end of year payroll issue - I wonder if you have any expertise in EmpDupe file problems??