Downloading Bank statements to Reckon Accounts Premier 2016

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have been trying to download bank statements to Reckon Accounts Premier Accountant Edition 2016.  I download the QIF file and all seems to proceed as it should but once the file is converted the Quickbooks 2007-08 program opens.  

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Hi Avago,

Associate that file type to be opened with your current version of Reckon Accounts 2016.
    1. From Control Panel, select Programs > Default Programs
    2. Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    3. Locate and select .QBO from the list
    4. Click Change Program...
    5. Click Browse... Locate and select Reckon Accounts 2016. Click Open
    6. Click OK and Close

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017

Hi Rav

I have followed your procedure and got all the way to step 6 but the ok as an option isn't there (there is only the option of "open" or "cancel") - is there a particular file within Reckon Accounts 16 that I need to select.  Thanks for your help - I feel as though I'm nearly there!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Apologies Avago,

Some of the prompts change over time with the various OS iterations. Yes, choose the 'Open' option from step 5 and that should do the trick.

Select the QBW32.exe option from the Reckon Accounts 2016 folder in the Program Files x86 list. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2016)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.