Downloading PDF

Daniela Cea
Daniela Cea Member Posts: 15
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi team, 

Before the 2018 changes, when I wanted to print any form I usually pressed print and first showed a preview and after that, I could select print or download. 
Now, it takes me directly to the printing option and if I cancel and download/save as PDF is OK. however, when I try to open it in Adobe Acrobat shows me this message:

"This document is trying to print. Do you want to allow this?"

I'd rather use download option because I can easily save in the folder that I need and drag the file to my email.

Is there any chance to have the preview of the form before to print? is there something that I have to modify in the Chrome setting?

Thanks

Looking forward to your reply!

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    HI Daniela.  To to question that comes up, just say no and you then have the option to do whatever you like with the PDF - print it, save it or whatever.
    John L G
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi there Daniela,
    When you encounter the "This document is trying to print. Do you want to allow this?" message, if you click No, does Adobe open the document?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Ah sorry, didn't see John's reply above for some reason.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Chrome is my 3rd choice of browser - I use Opera, then Firefox, then Chrome...  try all the browsers and see which one works best for you?
  • Daniela Cea
    edited July 2018
    If I click No. the document opens!
    I just want to know if  I can have the preview first and select whatever option I want.

Thanks Rav
  • Daniela Cea
    edited July 2018
    I've been working with Chrome for years but I am really thinking to change the browser!!

Thanks Linda
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Ah ok, cheers for that.
    The short answer is no in regard to the preview unfortunately. 
    The longer answer is, historically there has been a lot of feedback and contention around the printing process in Hosted and need for it to be more streamlined with less clicks/navigation involved. We've moved Hosted over to a new environment and one of the benefits of that has been to make the printing process shorter and more direct even if its by a few clicks.

In saying all that, an option which might be quicker than your current method and doesn't encounter that message is by doing the process I've outlined HERE

• Daniela Cea
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Rav!
    To be honest that I believe that this process has more clicks .... I have to change printer all the time... which is annoy... but I undertand..
    Thanks anyway!