Duplicate invoice amount prompt

Karina Shalevski
Karina Shalevski Member Posts: 4
I know that Reckon will prompt when the same invoice number is keyed in which is great but sometimes I key in Proforma Invoice which is a different number to the invoice and have double paid invoices.  Is there a way Reckon can prompt if the same amount with that supplier has been keyed in.

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Karina

Are you using the sales order as your Proforma invoice? Then yes, go to preferences>sales,tick warn duplicate sales orders.
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I presume you are referring to a bill, I would simply add say "**" to the end of the bill number ie 5858**, which would act as a reminder to you that this is a Pro-forma, and review these prior to preparing management & BAS reports a simple search 5858 would reveal any bills entered.
  • Karina Shalevski
    edited April 2020
    It's more so the amount being the same that I would like to be prompted.  Because the Proforma Number is different to the Invoice Number and sometimes I key in the Proforma a couple of weeks before the Invoice when the goods arrive and I have accidently paid a few twice.  
  • Karina Shalevski
    edited October 2019
    No I only enter bills.  So I want a warning that says "duplicate amount" 
    edited October 2019
    Ok, lets work through this, you are talking a proforma invoice you enter when the stock arrives from a supplier but before the supplier invoice arrives. 

You said the proforma invoice has a different number, Are you entering this proforma invoice using it's number as an invoice to enter the arriving stock, then entering the tax invoice when it arrives with a different number?

You can use purchase orders!  Enter a P/O for arriving stock on proforma invoice, this enters the stock, you can mark it received, and later when the tax invoice arrives, when you enter the bill it finds the P/O (proforma invoice) and creates the bill from this, linking the 2 together, marking P/O received in full, and a P/O will never come up in the bills to pay so there is no confusion.  And you can tick the box to warn you if you duplicate a P/O as well.  

Paying an invoice twice will never happen if using Purchase orders for proforma invoice
  • Karina Shalevski
    edited October 2019
    Thanks that sounds good.  I have just had a look though and when I key in the Purchase Order the item number can only be selected as cash on hand, debtors or gst however doesn't allow me to key in the expense code.  So I am a little confused.

edited November 2019
    Hi Karina

send me some screenshots and email or call me.. Kim@kwikbooks.com.au 0429 305 300