Duplicate pay run after editing pay run

Karleen Luximon
Karleen Luximon Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Reckon One
Hi Rav,
I've edited a pay run that i paid already but havent submitted to the ATO yet because i had a super issue. I have fixed the super issue but when i process the new pay run, it created a duplicate payrun. I've tried to delete one(or all of them) of the payruns but i get an error message. How can I fix this?

All tax and super have been duplicated too

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    What's the full error message you receive Karleen? Can you post a screenshot.

Have any payments/transactions that apply to the payrun also been deleted?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Karleen Luximon
    edited July 2019
    Payments have already been done to the employees but super was wrong. So I undid the payrun and edited the super and when I tried to save it again, it created a duplicate payrun. I can't delete anything from the payrun.

Please see attached duplicates payruns and error message when i tried to delete them

• LINH
    LINH Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    I have a same issue . could you please help
    Thanks
  • Michael Wynne
    Michael Wynne Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Hi,

Also have exactly the same problem.

Thanks
  • Karleen Luximon
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

Do you have an update on this issue? 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi guys,
    From what I understand about this, its not actually an issue as such but more about payments relating to the payrun not being deleted before the payrun itself is.

Can you please do the following;
    1. On the Side navigation menu, click 'Day to Day' to expand
    2. Select the 'Make Payment' option
    3. Review and delete the any payments related to the payrun
    4. Go back to the pay runs list and attempt to delete the pay run

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• LINH
    LINH Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2020
    Hi all, 
    I have solved my issues. Hope this help .Please go to make payments link under Day to Day and you will notice several payments for your duplicated pay run. Please delete all of these payments so that you can delete the payrun and do it again.
  • Michael Wilson_10116624
    Michael Wilson_10116624 Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2020
    In my case I have 2 pay runs for the same month that are now linked to the same journal entry. I also have another journal entry for a pay run that is ‘orphaned’ and not linked to any pay run but there is no way to delete it.

I sent support an email 5 days ago with screen shots but received no response at all.  It is not acceptable, this is a major integrity issue with the system and needs to be resolved ASAP.
    edited August 2019
    Support took 11 days to come back to me with their solution which is delete the pay runs and redo them as they are corrupted. What wonderful support!  
    edited August 2019
    Still not resolved, I cannot delete either of the 2 pays runs. This is so frustrating that I can't get timely support for a major integrity issue with the system.

• Jodie_6714501
    Jodie_6714501 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    Michael, did you end up getting a solution to this problem as I am now experiencing it :( ?
    edited April 2020
    Yes but it's not pretty.  You have to delete the super payments associated with the pay run, then delete the pay run and then redo them both.  There is no other way around it and you have to delete the pay run and recreate it.  I wasted so many hours on this.

This is also has related information https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/cant-delete-pay-run-after-undo   

This really is a Reckon One bug that needs to be fixed.  It should not let you undo the pay run if there are any associated payments.
  • Jodie_6714501
    Jodie_6714501 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for your reply I will try what you suggested tomorrow, wasted 4 hours today and nearly threw my computer out the window.