Duplicated CoA items

Michelle Vermaas
Michelle Vermaas Member Posts: 4
Help. I use Premier desktop. I have all of a sudden 24 new duplicated accounts in my CoA. They are all identical (a bank account) with the same QB number and name. They have no entries and I did not create them so how did they get there and how do I remove them without making them inactive?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Do you use Point of Sale or import any data?   
    If you edit one and then try to save it - it should tell you that accounts with same name exist and ask you to merge them? 
  • Michelle Vermaas
    Michelle Vermaas Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    Hi Linda - Yes I imported a payroll journal for the first time.  I notice it also added a whole lot of new 'Other Names' - grr.  I guess I will have to just do the journals manually.
    Merging worked - thank you.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2019
    ok - this just indicates that something is wrong with your import file - and therefore it defaulted to everything being imported as a bank account or Other Name... if you want to email me a copy of the import file - linda@abcomputing.com.au - I am happy to look at it and tell you where its possibly going wrong?