Duplicating: making it better and adding it to Items

JasonLingard
JasonLingard Member Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have to constantly create lots of Invoices and add loads of Items. I love that you can duplicate invoices, however it's silly that you have to open that invoice to duplicate it, I mean that defeats the purpose of saving time. The invoice already have check boxes next to them when in list view as to delete them, it would be awesome if there was a duplicate option here too.

Also, would LOVE it if you could also duplicate Items, as sometimes it is just the colour or the size or the price that changes. This would be helpful since the Item function does not yet have the functionality to offer an Item in colour/size variations (which by the way is so frustrating for people in fashion and I'm sure anyone who wholesales products).

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Can't you just memorise the transaction you want
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

As far as items are concerned perhaps you need to think up a coding system for all your items. Something like DressW16=Dress white size 16, DressB18 would be Dress Blue size 18.

I've done this for a mate who delivers furniture up and down the coast so that you can have the same 5 items going to 5 different places along the route all with different prices. The list takes an age to scroll down mind you but once you know the coding it works quickly.

Often times it's all about the setup to get where you want. Once you spend the time to set up properly then things start to go smoother and quicker.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    One of the great benefits of going Hosted - you get the Enterprise version which does have the Duplicate Item feature!  Cheers Linda
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Re: duplicating invoices - you can have these set to enter automatically without opening them, but this would only work if you are invoicing the same customer without any changes to product etc. You set these by date, eg weekly, monthly, etc. I had over 300 invoices set to be emailed automtically every month for a security company, standard monthly fees, this took a matter of minutes to email the lot.

If you are talking aout using the same invoice for different customers then you would need to open the invoice to select/change the customer from the memorised invoice. It still saves loads of time compared to entering a new invoice each time.

And yes, I fully agree that the option to copy items to create new ones would be very useful.