Ebillity Time Tracker no syncing with 2018 RAH

Anthony_9582158
Anthony_9582158 Member Posts: 15
edited September 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Is anyone else having trouble syncing timesheets with Time Tracker from Ebillity with the new Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018.

My timesheets were syncing immediately before changing from 2017 to 2018 RAH and now will not sync.

Is this an API update issue as a result of the new software?

Comments

• Anthony_9582158
    edited July 2018
    ....and I need them to run payroll on Monday 2 July!!!!!!!!!
  • Anthony_9582158
    edited September 2020
    Have been dealing with support from ebillity for 5 hours on Fri arvo and testing more this Sunday afternoon. No luck - nothing has changed from their end so it shouldn't be their issue. 

I called Reckon on Friday for support and after a 24 min hold all they told me to do was ask Ebillity to email a random reckon API email address.

What a crock. 
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Hi Anthony. There was a change to the API for the new release and all API calls for 2018 versions need to have 2018.R2.AU in the call. All partners have been made away of this so I'll check with eBillity to make sure they have made the required change. Jason
  • Anthony_9582158
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Jason - did you have any luck with this? I have also passed your comments on to eBillity as well.

I need to run our payroll today. 

Thanks
    Anthony
  • Jason Hollis
    edited July 2018
    Hi Anthony. I haven't heard back from the management team as yet however their support is aware. I am following up now. 

Can I just ask, have you upgraded your company file to the 2018.R2 version as yet as the API no longer connects to the 2017 version. Just want to rule that out as a cause.

Thanks. 
  • Anthony_9582158
    edited July 2018
    Hi Jason

Yes - I upgraded to 2018.R2 first thing Friday morning. Was able to sync timesheets immediately before that but not following. 

Cheers
    Anthony
  • Anthony_9582158
    edited July 2018
    FYI below
  • Jason Hollis
    edited July 2018
    Ok thanks for that. Yes we cut over the API to 2018.R2.AU at 3pm AEST on Saturday. Some apps allow you to manually set this country code, so in those cases there is no issue, whilst others are hard coded (which is the case with eBillity). I'll update this channel when I know more.  Cheers. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Not related to original thread Please reference the new conversation here: Unable to resize columns

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jason Hollis
    edited July 2018
    Hi again Anthony. If worst comes to worse and you need to manually enter your employee's time for today, let me know and I can provide an import template that can be used with eBillity report exports. That's if you have a lot of employees as there is a bit of data manipulation required with that process. 

I'll update further when we hear back from the eBilliy developers. They are a great crew of people so I am positive it can be addressed quickly once the right people are on board. 

Jason

• Anthony_9582158
    edited July 2018
    Hi Jason

I've just had someone manually enter all 24 of them this morning. Could you please shoot through the template just in case we need it for today's timesheets?

Thanks
    Anthony

• Jason Hollis
    edited July 2018

HERE is the import file for timesheets into Reckon Accounts (IIF – Intuit Interchange Format). 

From the screenshots below you should be able to determine how the import interacts with the UI. Time data is then used to populate the pay data to create a pay for an employee).

Non-billable

Billable

Notes:

• Always backup your file before performing an IIF import.
    • Date must be in US date format (see example).
    • If you are not billing your time, then there is no requirement for Customer:Job or indeed Service Item.
    • You can bill a customer (on its own) or job, however if billing a job you need to use the format CUSTOMER:JOB as a job is really a child of the customer.
    • Of course you would need to ensure the same items (data) with the same names exist in your company file.
  • Anthony_9582158
    edited July 2018
    HI Jason

What is the latest on this? The IIF function is what we previously used and was the reason we switched to eBillity. eBillity have not come back to me overnight at all. 

Really need to get this fixed as it is costing the business money to have someone manually do all staff timesheets.

Thanks
    Anthony
  • Jason Hollis
    edited July 2018
    Hi Anthony. That was a short-term solution only. eBillity have fixed so just confirming with them the expected release time. 
  • Anthony_9582158
    edited July 2018
    Hi Jason

Is there an update on this?

Thanks
    Anthony
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
    UPDATE

eBillity have confirmed the update has been released and the application is working as expected.  The team at eBillity have advised to review their set-up to make any changes to your login that may be required. 

The primary change Reckon made to the API was to ensure the company file (QBW) had a dedicated user created for the API (that wasn't Admin). This user should have FULL ACCESS rights. We recommend naming the user the same as the integrated application. In this case, ebillity

In Reckon Accounts Hosted go to Company > Users > Set Up Users & Roles...

Notes
    • The user name is case sensitive therefore must be the same in both Reckon Accounts Hosted and the integrated application.
    • You must use a password for the new user in the company file.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
    IMPORTANT NOTE

Although we work closely with 3rd-party developers when there is a connection issue between products, the responsibility does lie with the 3rd-party to ensure their connection functions as expected.

In this case the issue was not caused by the release of Accounts Hosted 2018 R2, but a change to the Hosted API that was communicated to all developer partners mid-June. 

That said, eBillity have been fantastic and responded very quickly when it was released the integration was effected by these changes, so I thank the team for their responsiveness. 

Again I apologise for any inconvenience on their behalf, and we'll continue to test the connection at both ends to ensure continued connectivity.