eckon Personal Plus 2017, income and expense comparison by category with tax related transactions only

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
In Reckon Personal Plus 2017, when I produce an income and
expense comparison by category with tax related transactions only (selected under Customise/Advanced) , then drill down into transactions in the report, I get an error message that there are no matching transactions.

This does not occur with Reckon Personal Plus 2016 and
earlier.

This is functionality we use all the time, and especially at this time when we are preparing Tax Returns. I am therefore required to revert to Reckon Personal Plus 2016.

Can others confirm this behaviour

Please advise when this will be fixed.

Cheers

Ian

Photo of Ian M

Ian M

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Ian M

Ian M

Can anyone confirm their comparison reports are working without the error above. In other words can you open an expenses item and see the transaction amounts making up the amount?

It seems this occurs for comparison reports where the Advanced Tax-related transactions only is ticked, which we have used for many years. 

Non comparison reports with Tax-related ticked can be correctly drilled down.
(Edited)
Photo of Ian M

Ian M

It seems this issue is to do with any Cash Flow report.Clicking the Tax Related transactions removes any expenses from the report !

Under Categories it seems that unless the Tax Line Item has an entry, it will not show when Tax related transactions is selected. This behaviour is only with Personal Plus 2017, so we have to revert to Personal Plus 2016.

Please advise
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Ian,

Thanks for asking.

I have followed your description and did not encounter any problems.  I could drill down from the Report to the Register and expand split transactions.  

First step is to check that all tabs in Customise have the appropriate selections.  If you made changes try the report again.

Next, Validate and Super Validate the file and then try again.

If the problem persists, create a new file through File > File Operations > Year End copy, and for I only want transactions in my current data file starting with this date, use the original start-date of your file.  Choose to open the new file and try again.

Hope this helps.

regards,
John
Photo of Ian M

Ian M

Hi John,

Thank you for replying.

Validated, Super Validated, three different files, created new file using " I only want transactions in my current data file starting with this date, use the original start-date of your file.  Choose to open the new file and try again. 

Exactly same result, if I select report for tax-related transactions, my expenses do not show in cash flow report.. As I mentioned I can get them to appear if under category Tax Line Item has an entry, never needed before  Personal Plus 2017.

Cheers
Ian
(Edited)
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Ian,

Sounds like a tax file needs to be replaced.  Please follow these instructions:
  1. Close Reckon Accounts Personal 2017;
  2. In Windows/File Explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal
  3. Scroll down to TAX.SCD and rename it to TAX.SCD.old
  4. Download the replacement file from http://downloads.reckon.com.au/TAX.SCD
  5. Copy the file TAX.SCD to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal folder
If a dialog box opens, then select to Save File.  It should save to your default Downloads folder;
  1. Go to your Downloads folder (Internet Explorer and Chrome users can click on Open folder at the bottom of the browser);
  2. Right click TAX.SCD and select Copy
  3. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal folder
  4. Right click and select Paste.

Open Reckon Accounts Personal and go to Tools > Category List.  You should see Tax Line Items assigned to your categories.

Does this make a difference?

regards,
John
(Edited)
Photo of Ian M

Ian M

Hi John,

That looks to have fixed the problem. I shall test all files and saved reports and confirm tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

Cheers
Ian