Edit Allowances Name in Payroll

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
I would like to add/edit an allowance name in tax tracking type.  Is there a way to have the the allowance read "Allowances - Housing" rather than "Allowances - Other" .  Thank you.

Photo of Sandy Norton

Sandy Norton

  • 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

  • 1
Hi Sandy

The Allowance "Name" is the name you give it when you setup the Payroll Item.
This is the name that will show up in your payroll & on the employee's Payslip.

The tax-tracking section window shown above is specifically linked/configured to the ATO's STP-required data fields & contains the classifications - as per the ATO - for EOFY reporting purposes (STP &/or Payment Summaries).

Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

Reckon Accredited Professional Partner Bookkeeper / Registered BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)

Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003



Photo of Avis Louth

Avis Louth

  • 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Should the allowances be set up as an addition?