Editing an existing transaction - Reckon ONE

Marc H
Marc H Member Posts: 20
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
I regularly need to re-allocate items that my staff have posted to an incorrect GL account. Often, when I click into the Account field (or any field) in the existing document, it's like trying to pin down a piece of jelly. The field briefly opens for editing, but at the same time jumps downwards about a centimetre, then before I can click my cursor into it, it closes again. Sometimes I manage to catch it before it closes, but not too often. Very time-wasting and very irritating.

Can someone tell me if there's a trick to doing this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Chris P_7712295
    Chris P_7712295 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2018
    Double click in the field
  • Margaret_8629418
    Margaret_8629418 Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2019
    Me too - same issue, and sometimes have double clicked over and over before it finally 'catches'! 
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Marc & Margaret,

Could you please confirm which type of transaction you are trying to edit?

I've tested with a 'receive money' transaction, it should just be a simple as clicking once on the field you would like to edit. It then should become editable.

E.g. if I would like to edit the account below, if I click on 'Consulting Income' it will then allow me to edit the account

Then

Luke.
  • Margaret_8629418
    edited July 2019
    Hi Luke, I'm pretty sure I've had this come up with almost anything I wanted to edit, but it's especially noticeable when I "Make a Copy" of a journal entry, and then edit the amounts. Perhaps I'm not doing it right?? :-) 

Cheers
    Margaret
  • Luke
    edited August 2018
    Hi Margaret,

I still cannot replicate what you're experiencing.

It could be an internet issue. What kind of connection do you have? E.g. wi-fi, cable, USB dongle? Do you usually have a fast internet speed or is it average or slow?

Also which web browser are you using?

Luke
  • Margaret_8629418
    edited July 2019
    We're using satellite NBN, and usually very good - average to fast speed. And google chrome. It really is exactly as Marc said, like trying to pin down jelly, and quite frustratingly time consuming. Hope you can find something.
    Cheers
    Margaret
  • Marc H
    edited May 2017
    Hello Luke. Most regularly, I'm editing items that have been created via the bank feed - usually payments - but also editing copied journals, as Margaret said.

I have single-clicked and double-clicked, tried clicking in different fields etc. etc., but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether it works or not - sometimes I get it first time; others it can be 20 or more before I finally "fluke" it.

I use Chrome web browser. I connect via wireless to a laptop and internet speed is not great - usually around 5 or 6 Mbps.

I haven't been using Reckon One for very long (a few months), but his has been an ongoing issue for me. Some days it is worse than others, but I haven't been noting whether it could have been related to different transactions or screens. The other day it was so ridiculously bad that I raised this issue. 

Over the next week or so, I'll experiment with other browsers, note screens and keep an eye on internet speed to see if I can narrow it down.
  • Luke
    edited August 2018
    Hi Marc,

With the journal, is what you're doing the same as what is shown in the GIF below?

As you can see, as soon as I click on the field it becomes editable straight away.

If you're completing exactly the same as me and getting a delayed response then I really believe it must be a internet/browser related issue.

Luke.
  • Marc H
    edited May 2017
    Hi Luke,

I've tried editing the same transaction this morning, in both my default Google Chrome browser and in Microsoft Edge.

In Chrome, it was a disaster, but in Edge there was no problem - a single click opened the field for editing.

I guess it's not a huge inconvenience for me to switch to Edge just for Reckon One, but you might want to take a look at Chrome compatibility in this area - it's a pretty widely used browser.

Regards,

Marc