EFTPOS transansaction not showing after syncing to Reckon

Michelle Baker
Michelle Baker Member Posts: 2
All of our transactions are run through a seperate program and then 'synced' to Reckon where we will then go to the undeposited funds and group the EFTPOS transactions for that day together to deposit as one to the cheque account.

We haven't been able to do this for the other day as one of the EFTPOS payments are not to be seen anywhere in Reckon.

I have looked in the cheque account to see if it went straight there, I have looked under the particular customer's transactions and it shows nothing.

This customer's name is showing in the posting report for when I did the sync so I am at a loss of where this could have gone?

I even undid the transaction in our other program and redid everything and still nothing is showing.

Any ideas of what may have happened?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2017
    Hello Michelle,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

A few questions to better understand your problem.
    You are using a POS system unrelated to Reckon Accounts.
    How is that system "synced" to Reckon Accounts?
    Does it use intermediary export files?
    Is there a problem with just one EFTPOS entry or all EFTPOS entries?
    Are you using a single-licence Reckon Accounts or a multi-user licence on a network?
    Does the problem occur on one PC or on all PCs?

regards,
    John

• Michelle Baker
    Michelle Baker Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we are using a POS system not related to Reckon. The program that we use has a Quickbooks function which Reckon is hooked into so we can press the button to send it from one program to another.

We only have a single-licence, and yes, just one EFTPOS transaction - the rest of the transactions that went through on the same sync have all showed up correctly.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2017
    Thanks Michelle,

Closely examine the one transaction that did not work and compare it to the others that worked.  is there any difference anywhere, anyhow? Is there a full stop where there really shouldn't be one? A special character? An extra space?

regards,
    John

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Michelle - have a look in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\ImportErrors on the machine where the Sync is performed - if the transaction had something wrong with it - it should show up in this folder?  and you can then correct the error and manually import it?