Email format with business name instead of accountshosted@reckon ?

Waterways of Singleton
Waterways of Singleton Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, is there any way for our emails to send from our business name instead of accountshosted@reckon ? 

Comments

• Roslyn_9745732
    Roslyn_9745732 Member Posts: 102
    edited July 2020
    That's disappointing ... Perhaps this should be looked into as clients often ignore these emails!
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Roslyn.  To add to what Kevin has said, it has been stated within this forum that what you want is not something that is on the priority list and nothing is in sight.

However, there is an alternative which could be of benefit to you, as provided by Chandra from Cosmic Innovations, which has been brought to our attention on many occasions by Chandra.  Please refer to the following link for further information:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/cosmic-invoice-for-reckon-hosted-it-now-only-1cents-per-e...
    John L G
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    We cannot have the 'From' address as a user generated email address due to DMARC email authentication which is designed to stop spamming and phishing etc.
    DMARC (Domain Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance) is an email-validation system designed to detect and prevent email spoofing by verifying that an inbound email really does come from the domain it says it comes from.

This affects other online software as well so isn't unique to Reckon Accounts Hosted ie. Reckon One, Xero, QuickBooks Online etc all operate in the same way.

Please note, you can set a Reply-to email address in your preferences which allows recipients to reply to the email sent from Reckon Accounts Hosted and will be delivered to the designated email address.

Additional info -
    Customers receiving emails from accountshosted@reckon.com and not from my email address

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Roslyn_9745732
    Roslyn_9745732 Member Posts: 102
    edited November 2018
    Thanks everyone. :)
  • Greg Cogar
    Greg Cogar Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    But is there a way to add a field to override the label accountshosted to display your business name. The email address is fine, but the label should be easy to do for your programmers as this information is a better way to display for people receiving our invoice and has no effect DMARC email authentication it's just a label. Is this something you could do for us?

• Alicia Anderson
    Alicia Anderson Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2020
    This is what I was thinking today, you should be able to have a custom display name.  That's what I have done for my work email in oulook, when people get an email from me my name is displayed not my email address.  Surely Reckon could do something similar where the email is still from accountshosted but you can select a name to be displayed to the recipient?  At the moment I only send remittance advices and payslips directly from Reckon, all others (invoices, statements, etc) I email to myself and then send them from my email address so it looks a bit more professional.