Email going to junk folder

Western Kitchens
Western Kitchens Member Posts: 12
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Short back story - We receive all Estimate / Invoices to our account and then forward them onto our clients.

We've never really had an issue with emails going to the junk file (one every now and then), but since the beginning of this week our Office 365 has been flagging the email as spam because it has been coming up with the title of accountshosted@reckon.com; (accountshosted@reckon.com via amazonses.com), it usually should come up as: accountshosted@reckon.com - this is happening on both our computers under different user names.

Not sure what to do here or if anyone else is having the same problem.

Thanks,
Emily - Office Admin
Western Kitchens

Comments

• Catherine Healy
    Catherine Healy Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2019
    I'm having the same problem. Not every time I email an Estimates, Invoices and Purchase orders, but is happening a lot. Quite annoying as now I have to ring each Supplier or Customer to make sure my requests have gone through. Please fix this problem. 
  • Western Kitchens
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, I can imagine it's even more frustrating for you as you're sending direct to the end client - it's rather strange, and it's not the fact that my mail server is marking it as spam, my question is why it picks and chooses which builder to add that amazonses bit which is causing it to be flagged.

Hopefully someone can let us know soon, the boss and I are getting very annoyed having to check the junk file every time.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Western Kitchens

When you say office 365 do you mean outlook on the cloud or on your PC or exchange server.  If exchange server then this could be the problem. 

Both - if not office 365 issue then I would contact tech support ASAP
  • Catherine Healy
    edited April 2020
    Hi Kwikbooks,
    Only in Reckon Accounts Hosted am I having the problem of my emailed Estimates/Invoices/ Purchase Orders going to the Supplier/Customer's Junk. It doesn't happen to each one only intermittent, and also if the customer gets my email it doesn't have the Invoice ect attached.
  • Western Kitchens
    edited May 2019
    We have Business Office 365 installed on our computers, and use the desktop version of the apps.

Yes, Outlook is flagging the item, but it's picking it up because Reckon is sending the email with a different tag line attached, which it doesn't normally do - and this has been happening specifically since the last update/maintenance work couple weeks ago - like I said in the original post, it only ever happened once in a blue moon before and now it 9/10 times goes to junk and only randomly does it end up in my inbox.

We've had Reckon for years and we've had the Office 365 installed for over 6 months and never had issue.

I was firstly curious to see if anyone else was having this issue - and secondly, if someone from Reckon could let me know what this via amazonses.com thing is and why it only comes through on some people and not others considering all of the emails get sent to us first.

Thanks,
    Emily - Office Admin
    Western Kitchens

edited May 2019
    Hi Catherine

Is yours putting the 'via' extension on?
    edited May 2019
    I would suggest both ring or email support and give the the list of various 'via' addresses that are coming through.
  • Western Kitchens
    edited June 2019
    This is what is coming through on my end

And this is what it normally would come through as:

• Western Kitchens
    edited May 2019
    I will give Reckon Support a call and see what they say and post back if i get the issue resolved.
  • Catherine Healy
    edited May 2019
    I don't know what it says at the other end at the customer/supplier's email, I can only go on what they have said. Some aren't even receiving my emails from Reckon. I have to actually download the what I want to email then send it on through my Outlook 365. All very time consuming.
  • Western Kitchens
    edited May 2019
    Your issue about not knowing if the client has received the email is the exact reason why our company ended up putting our email in the tagline instead of the end client, so we know if there is an issue. It's double handling, but like you said, it's too time consuming having to ring clients or downloading and sending it that way every time.
    And we shouldn't have to. To be fair, sometimes it's the end clients email settings that causes the email to go to junk file (e.g. they haven't added the email to the safe senders list), but not receiving the files at all and if the end client has added you to safe senders then this shouldn't be happening. I'll let you know how I go with support.
    edited May 2019
    Hi Catherine

to clarify, all emails come from accountshosted@reckon.com and go direct to client, as Western said and I have everyone do, you put your own email on every email address in the system, supplier, customer, payroll etc this is done on setup by putting in the other email then a (; semi-colon) then your own.  This ensures you get the same email as everyone else.

I have set up a folder in outlook then made a rule to send all to this folder from Reckon accounts.

Then you have to make sure your staff, customers, suppliers setup accountshosted@reckon.com in their address book, and/or make it safe sender so it doesn't go to their junk mail.

Then we have the problem western is having with this strange 'via amazonses' tagged to the back of her hosted emails to clients & cc to herself.  this I have suggested goes to tech support.  If you are only having junk mail issues with the receiver try the above suggestions.
  • Western Kitchens
    edited May 2019
    Just a quick side note - We have made it so emails from Reckon don't go to the client at all, they only come to us and we send them from our Outlook email directly to the client. We add the email in the same box as the address and name - never in the clients email address bar. So the estimate/invoices comes to us as if we were the end client.

So it's a slightly different scenario to Catherine, but still the junk file issue. And we will be following up with Tech support next week.

Regards,
    Emily - Office Admin
    Western Kitchens

edited May 2019
    It is very time consuming sending to you then to client!!! Have you concidered sending from Reckon and cc yourself in.  You don't have to forward on, but you see if they got it?
  • Catherine Healy
    edited May 2019
    Yes, I have me in the Bcc so I always get a message back from Reckon - accountshosted@reckon.com but there is something happening at the recipients end. Maybe Reckon has done some changes and the recipient's email host is not recognising Reckon anymore. I don't understand why some can get the email but not the attachment. 
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited April 2020
    Mine is coming thru like this
    accountshosted@reckon.com

Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

edited May 2019
    Hi Gerry

Yes, that is the normal email from Reckon hosted, which is why  suggested tech support get involved with her added extension to the email...

because it has been coming up with the title of accountshosted@reckon.com; (accountshosted@reckon.com via amazonses.com), it usually should come up as: accountshosted@reckon.com - this is happening on both our computers under different user names.

• Sandy_10052966
    Sandy_10052966 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    Hi.  I emailed 120 payslips on Tuesday and getting feedback that many employees have not received them (has not been an issue up till now).  Also when I email reports they are going to junk as the 'from' email is accountshosted@reckon.com via amazonses.com.
  • Western Kitchens
    edited June 2019
    Still yet to get in contact with Tech support - unfortunately I was on hold for 20 minutes with no contact or wait time given, and I haven't had time to call again and be put on hold for that long. Will keep you posted when I get a chance to call through again.

Regards,
    Emily - Office Admin
    Western Kitchens

• DAR
    DAR Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2019
    Do you all find there is a cycle with these emails going to junk, i.e. 4 months ago there was an issue, then out of the blue some emails to clients have been getting captured by their Junk folder?

• Jocelyn Huigsloot_9393541
    Jocelyn Huigsloot_9393541 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    This is an issue for our business as well.  Having the customers add one or multiple Reckon addresses to their mailbox address book is not an option as in our business customers are often "one off" orders.  We have also experienced the issue intermittently with some staff getting payslips and some not, and with patters from pay cycle to pay cycle.      
    No users in the community posted the outcome/solution of this issue - so I'll go to Tech Support myself to see if there is a solution.  I do think the Reckon mailbox is a bit of an issue as it should also manage delivery failures (and send us a notification automatically).  
  • DAR
    DAR Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2020
    Sounds good - certainly no solution I am aware of.