Email - Inconsistent when emailing Remittance or Payslips

Robin_7036558
Robin_7036558 Member Posts: 38
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Under the new Hosted, I find that email of Remittance Advice and also the Pay Slips is a bit inconsistent.

Several employees are telling me that their payslips did not arrive by email yet they have valid email address.

Several Suppliers advise they have not received their remittance advice by email.

These emails always worked perfectly before Hosted upgrade.

To resolve I simply resend and somehow they all then go. Does Reckon know about this "BUG"?

Bit annoying for all concerned as who needs to receive their remittance advice twice?

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Robin & Gary,

Do you have set up in your preferences for your email to be included as a bcc?

That way you will get a copy of these emails so you know if they have been sent or not.

I do this myself and then when someone says they never received it I can reforward it to them which includes the time & date they were originally sent too!

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Sally, For the Pay Slips yes I do have BCC to myself. However, there are far too many suppliers for me to keep track of (apart from filling up my email inbox).

Ideally I would like to have confidence in the software that I am using so that my job is easier, not harder. I really don't need an increased workload.

My question still is, 'do Reckon know about the email inconsistency'? And how will they resolve it?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Robin, Gary,

Nice to hear from you and sorry to hear of these problems.  There are a couple of avenues to explore.

Firstly, you might have a corrupt payslip email that is preventing others from emailing correctly.  It might even hold up other form types.

Have a look at this KB:  Send Forms list is blank and there are no Payment Summaries to email.
    It deals with another issue, but you should follow through its steps to ensure that there are no corrupt emails in your Send Forms list.  

Secondly, inconsistent sending of emails have been reported by some users in the original Hosted, so it is not a 'New Hosted' issue.  It is more likely that you are experiencing it to a problematic level for the first time.  We have not been able to reproduce this issue so we cannot offer any insight to the problem.  Users have found reducing the batch size of the emailing job helpful.

So try sending your emails in a number of smaller batches and see if you get a better response.  You can later increase the batch size until an optimal level is reached.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    I know I have had delays between hitting send and receiving them myself (I bcc too). I actually have a folder in my email where I put them to get out of my inbox. I know Norton antivirus has always had an intermittent issue with accepting attachments. They may also need to add Reckon's email address to their list of approved recipients. Kind regards, Sally McIntosh ( sally@samsolutions.com.au)
  • Kim J
    Kim J Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2014
    Hi All,
    I agree, I would like to rely on the software we purchased.  I save everything as a pdf, then send from my email.  I did have a lot of clients saying it went to their junk box. Very unreliable.
  • Property Mogul
    Property Mogul Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    Simple really, email filters look for 2 things, the domain of the email address and the actual domain of the location email is being sent from. Integrating the software to alternate emails would result in high volume false positives. The system does allow for sending from personal email address, but it is not perfect. The ability to export pdf allows you to attach to any email client. As mentioned not pretty but it works.

Further reading:
    They're meaty (especially the second one) but well worth the read, if you want to understand Emailing-Spam.

.:PM:.
  • Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Hi, My fortnightly Pay Slips have again randomly been emaild to some staff and not others. I have double checked that their email is correct, (as if they would have magically changed over the last few months), and they are all correct.

To resolve, I resend all emails and somehow the 2nd time they all go through.

What on earth is wrong with the email system?
  • Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Here I am two weeks later and out of 36 Pay slips another 14 random pay slips have not emailed. Goodness knows how many supplier remittance advices are not going out.
    Can Reckon please fix immediately as I am losing credibility.
  • Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Dear Community / Reckon support - It has now been two months since the email problem showed up and it is still not fixed.
    Once again out of 36 payslips only 12 of them were actually sent last night. Just as well that I cc them all to myself so that I can see what did not go properly.

I had to go in and resend 24 of them this morning. No doubt I am going to get another ear bashing from the staff this morning.

Can reckon please address this problem urgently.
  • Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Gary,
    I just want the software to work like it used to. I need a relaible Accounting package to do what is advertised.

MYOB looking more attractive every day.
  • Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Here is my response to Reckon:

Hello Shisir,

The solution you gave to check each of the 36 pay slips one at a time or the over 100 remittance advices one at a time is unacceptable. My business cannot operate that way.

In addition, Reckon needs to acknowledge that a large number of people are having this problem since Hosted changed. The Community web site has many people including myself complaining that emails are not working correctly and this has been the case for at least two months now.

Please have a senior Fault Technician ring me to advise what Reckon is doing to resolve this known issue. Or may I speak to the Managing Director of Reckon.

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Gary & Robin, our IT & Development teams have identified the issue and are working on a resolution. I hope to report back more, once I obtain further information.

• Gary_7113279
    Gary_7113279 Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2020
    And--- 4 months later have we received the fix ? Maybe another web based system maybe the answer ?
  • Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Mirko and any other Reckon representative. Can we please have the Emailing of Remittance & Pay advices resolved URGENTLY. These failings are causing me great distress and I think that more than 8 months is enough to have them atter resolved.

can i please have a senior Reckon representative call me personally to assure me what steps reckon is taking to resolve this matter.
    Thanks.
  • Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Dear All,
    I am still waiting for the phone call. My number is 04769 10058
    Please call to advise when this major problem will be fixed.
    Robin
  • Vanessa_7563980
    Vanessa_7563980 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Like Robin and I am sure many others, I have been sending payslips and they are not all getting through to the recipients. I have them bcc'd to my address but interestingly, they may come to me but not always to the person who should be receiving them. These are random emails and not one person in particular so there is no fault with the email address or it going into junk or trash! This has been happening for months now and it needs to be fixed please!
    Another thing is that when I go into email the payslips, many more than I want to send out for the current fortnights dates appear.This could be as many as 120 and I only need to send about 30. I have to uncheck all of them and then individually recheck all the ones I need to send. Very annoying and time wasting. Why do ones I have previously sent still show up on the list when the dates are set??
    edited December 2016
    Hi Vanessa,
    I'm not sure when the emailing issue will be fixed but in relation to seeing previously emailed payslips, the email payslip area is not like the tick box of to be emailed on invoices, quotes, etc. The reason is simply that you can always go back and email old payslips to employees as required. Although it is frustrating having to tick or untick employees for this emailing scenario, it is actually a good feature to be able to easily re-email old payslips.
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)
  • Vanessa_7563980
    Vanessa_7563980 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2015

Hi Sally,

Thanks for this. Unfortunately the need to uncheck and recheck the ones you want to send has only started in the last 4 months or so. I've been doing pays for two years and previously my employer did them with no need to do this.

We only have to do about 35-40 each time but I am sure other businesses might need to do more.

If the need arises to send just one payslip from a previous date there is already the  ability to do this another way so there must be another glitch in the system that is not removing previously sent payslips.

It is frustrating and very annoying and also a waste of time to ensure that the correct ones are checked for the correct date.

Could you please look into this issue further.

Vanessa

• Jan_8317305
    Jan_8317305 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2016
    After 2 years we still have a problem where you do not receive a payslip intermittently. Good idea to BCC to yourself so you cam pass onto employees. As far as I know Reckon will in the near future integrate Microsoft Outlook. 
  • Vk
    Vk Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Hi I have recently subscribed to reckon one and have got the payslips email issue from day one. Some employees are getting their payslips via email and some not. I have checked and rechecked thier email id but not issue with that. I have processed pay 4 times now and the same issue every time. Not sure if the email issue has been resolved? but if someone has got a fix please let me know as it is painful to send payslips individually to each employee. VK
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Switch to appropriate category Please reference the new conversation here: Some employees not getting their emailed payslips